Lightning Mcqueen Cake

Decorating By BARBARAJEAN Updated 28 May 2009 , 6:04pm by KrisD13

BARBARAJEAN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BARBARAJEAN Posted 27 May 2009 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 7

I have been looking at the Lightning Mcqueen cakes in the galleries. There are some great ones. I was hoping someone could help me with directions for carving the 3-D cake. I have never carved a cake before, so I would need something pretty basic. I have done a little fondant work, not a lot but am willing to learn. Thank you so much for any advice you can offer.

6 replies
cakeinthebox4U Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeinthebox4U Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 7

I've only carved once so I'm afraid I'm not much help. The only thing I did learn is it's easier to carve the cake frozen (thawed just a bit). My suggestion would be to find a cake you like in the galleries and PM the creator of it and see if they'll help you out. Most people on here are very helpful in that regard. And if you don't feel up to carving you can do like I did (I chickened out last minute) and go to your local craft store and scope out the scrapbooking section! I have a lighning Mcqueen cake in my pictures using scrapbook decals icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif Turned out great! and the mom loved that she could use them to scrapbook her son's birthday - 2 for 1!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 7
CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:34pm
post #4 of 7

I used this step-by-step to do my McQueen cake!

HTH

http://www.andreasrecipes.com/2007/12/07/lightening-mcqueen-birthday-cake/

BARBARAJEAN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BARBARAJEAN Posted 27 May 2009 , 8:01pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you so much. I think I have the confidence to give it a try. Love you guys.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:05am
post #6 of 7

Make sure you get a nice cake recipe good for carving. Pound cakes are usually good.

KrisD13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrisD13 Posted 28 May 2009 , 6:04pm
post #7 of 7

And there's my step by step instructions with logo pics.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-604964.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%