Cake Design Software

Decorating By mommyandmecakes Updated 27 May 2009 , 2:29pm by G_Cakes

mommyandmecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyandmecakes Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know of a software that can help you design and visualize a cake? I would love to have a tool that would help me capture my ideas faster than a pencil and paper. Thanks for any suggestions.

8 replies
2SimplySweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SimplySweet Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:23pm
post #2 of 9

I hear everyone talking about CAKE BOSS. There has been several forums regatding just this. I hope this helps icon_smile.gif

mrsbriggs06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsbriggs06 Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:28pm
post #3 of 9

cake boss helps you track customers and orders.

wedding cake design pro is marketed as a design software but is very limited, doesn't get updated often, has very few colors to work with and i personally wish i hadn't wasted $$ on it. it doesn't allow for much customization and i can see now why they don't offer a free trial or money back guarantee.

hopefully someone will come up with something better soon...

2SimplySweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SimplySweet Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:30pm
post #4 of 9

I did some research and the CAKE BOSS helps manage your business I did not see anything for designing so I am giving you a bump...best of luck!!

2SimplySweet

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:45pm
post #5 of 9

I know it's not the software your after but you can use MS Word or MS Powerpoint to get basic shapes

I have been using that and find it helps me get the basic layout of tierd cakes alot faster.

Some of the basic shapes you can find are rounds, square, heart and a few more.

These shapes are what would be used when making a chart or graph but can serve double duty for cake decorating.

to find it in word,open word click on view, then toolbars, then select drawing so that a check mark is next to it.

This will bring up the draw tool bar if not already loaded.

on the draw toolbar you will see autoshapes, just click on that and you can see the variety of shapes that you can use.

Hope this helps...Miss Lizzy (computer nerd and junkie!)

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:46pm
post #6 of 9

im sure that on here there are simple cake figures, in the template gallery, so you can print out a sheet of blank cakes, and just quickly add on your details. at least it saves you trying to figure out proportions etc.
xx

mommyandmecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyandmecakes Posted 27 May 2009 , 2:17pm
post #7 of 9

thank you everyone for your quick replies. You would think there would be something out there similar to the software that lets you "paint" a room or design curtains. Thanks again.

G_Cakes Posted 27 May 2009 , 2:24pm
post #8 of 9

ok had to look and did a search on google and found this link...I think this is what your after!

http://www.weddingcakedesignpro.com/art-designer-wedding-cake.html

G_Cakes Posted 27 May 2009 , 2:29pm
post #9 of 9

Ooops just noticed it was the software that was not so highly recommended my bad!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%