Wedding Cake Filling

Decorating By bethie713 Updated 27 May 2009 , 11:56am by bethie713

bethie713 Posted 27 May 2009 , 11:21am
post #1 of 3

Preparing my first wedding cake and bride wants raspberry preserve filling. My concern is since the wedding is outside in the evening and it's humid that the preserve filling will seep down into the cake. Does anyone know of a way to prevent the filling from seeping down into the cake as the preserve gets warm sitting outside? Like a adding a glaze of some kind to at least slow this from happening....? Thanks for your comments.

2 replies
scarlett9920 Posted 27 May 2009 , 11:32am
post #2 of 3

You can put a thin layer of buttercream or frosting over the two sides of cake that will touch the preserves. Maybe a simple syrup might work too.

bethie713 Posted 27 May 2009 , 11:56am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett9920

You can put a thin layer of buttercream or frosting over the two sides of cake that will touch the preserves. Maybe a simple syrup might work too.

Thanks, Scarlett. I am using simple syrup to help keep the cake moist and it really didn't help prevent the preserves from seeping into the sample cake I made. However, I do think your idea of just using buttercream and then apply the preserve filling is a great and simple idea that I should have thought of. I'm going to go with it! Will let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again for the suggestion!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%