Will It Get Any Worse??

Decorating By TamiAZ Updated 27 May 2009 , 12:57pm by TamiAZ

TamiAZ Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:37am
post #1 of 4

I went to go check on a cake I made last night and discovered it had settled and I've got that darn bulge..I guess my icing wasn't think enough on my dam or my fondant is too thick. Anyway, my fondant now has that lovely ring and I'm wondering if it's going to get any worse? I usually refridgerate my cakes, but I didn't have enough room for three cakes, so they are sitting out.

This just makes me sick... icon_cry.gif

3 replies
G_Cakes Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:51am
post #2 of 4

May sound silly and not sure if it will work or not but heres a thought...

Do you have any of those baking strips that you put around the pans to facilitate even baking?

if so try putting one around the bulge area and put it in the fridge to stiffen or firm up and hold its shape.

Not sure if it will work, have never tried it but as I was reading your post it popped into my head as something I would try.

If you dont have the baking strips then perhaps some parchment paper or wax paper held together with a paper clip might work as well.

Hope this helps or at least inspires a more creative idea.

brincess_b Posted 27 May 2009 , 11:04am
post #3 of 4

i hope it wont get worse - hopefully it wont, since it has now settled, it shouldnt need to settle any more.
xx

TamiAZ Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:57pm
post #4 of 4

Well, I couldn't stand it, so I took two of the cakes apart and started over. The third one will just have to stay as it.. It's a donated cake, but it's still bugging me. I would have done the third cake, but I have to go to work.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%