Any Ideas For A Postal Retirement Cake

Business By AngiesIdea Updated 28 May 2009 , 2:55am by BakeLoveMom

AngiesIdea Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:23am
post #1 of 8

Hey All,
I am looking for ideas for a postal retirement cake. I'm not dead set on square or round. All ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Angie

7 replies
BCJean Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:41am
post #2 of 8

How about doing something using the postman's creed....Neither rain nor snow, nor sleet nor dark of night shall ....... and maye have retirement be a sunny perfect spot.

paulstonia Posted 28 May 2009 , 12:49am
post #3 of 8

How many do you need to serve? You could a sheet cake to look like a letter, stamp in one corner, retirees name with and address on easy street. Maybe a mail box if you are comfortable carving. Maybe a package with fragile on it and a great big dent somewhere on it. Can you tell I'm a letter carrier?

Rikki0422 Posted 28 May 2009 , 12:56am
post #4 of 8

Maybe a mailbag with envelopes sticking out from the top, a mail delivery truck or maybe even a mailbox icon_biggrin.gif HTH

sadsmile Posted 28 May 2009 , 12:57am
post #5 of 8

Now that you've gone postal... it's time to go home! But I think it's only funny if youv'e never worked for the USPS.
Must have been something funny in my spagetti tonight cause I can't stop giggling! I see( in my head) a sceen from MIB 2 of all the aliens in the back. It's in the begining of the movie. Cracks me up!

costumeczar Posted 28 May 2009 , 2:18am
post #6 of 8

This won't be at all helpful, but the only image that came to mind would be a mailman dumping his delivery bag down the sewer.

Seriously, maybe you could do a mailbox that had happy retirement cards sticking out of the slot?

paulstonia Posted 28 May 2009 , 2:46am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Now that you've gone postal... it's time to go home! But I think it's only funny if youv'e never worked for the USPS.

I can't speak for all usps employees, but this one never bothers me, my husband is probably tired of hearing it. Whenever someone finds out he's married to a letter carrier he hears "better not piss her off"

BakeLoveMom Posted 28 May 2009 , 2:55am
post #8 of 8

I second the mailbag with the letters coming out. He'd probably never dream of a cake like that. I love when people's reaction is, "that is a cake?!" Can't wait to see it.

Sarah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%