Filling Idea

Decorating By mrsmontgomery Updated 27 May 2009 , 6:56pm by brincess_b

mrsmontgomery Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:23am
post #1 of 4

I have a cake tasting on June 1st. This is my first wedding cake and the bride wants a vanilla cake with a drambuie filling. I have no idea how to do this type of filling. Any ideas? Also, how much cake do I do for a tasting? Do I prepare a small iced cake? I'm so lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies
cakes22 Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 4

You can add drambuie to your regular b/c recipe, just add some in place of your liquid.

For the actual tasting, I guess it would depend on how many flavours they want to taste. You can always freeze what ever you don't use for future tastings.

hth

mrsmontgomery Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks cakes22. It is kind of a weird arrangement. I got a call from a friend who owns a catering company with the order so I haven't actually talked to the bride. All I know is that she wants vanilla cake w drambuie. I didn't know if I was supposed to offer other flavors as a back up or even how to present it. I've never done this before! When I got married, we didn't do a tasting so I'm not really sure how it works. A friend suggested cooking orange marmalade down with a little gelatin and then adding the drambuie. Any thoughts on that? Thanks again for the help so far.

brincess_b Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:56pm
post #4 of 4

i would have a look in the business forum and the hundreds of tasting questions.
first of all *talk to the bride* you need to be on the same page, and that is easier to do without a middle man.
cake size - most people do bite size bits. frozen? baked from another batch ur doing tht week? cupcakes? if you bake a small 6 inch cake, thats a lot of money from you - are u charging them? is it going to count towards their booking?
flavours - i would add the alcohol to the bc. most people offer 2/3 flavours, like vanilla, chocolate.
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%