What's Your Favorite Chocolate Wasc Recipe?

Decorating By Iva1976 Updated 28 May 2009 , 12:27am by Cakepro

Iva1976 Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:58am
post #1 of 10

Please share........ icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Thanks!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

9 replies
Rylan Posted 27 May 2009 , 3:25am
post #2 of 10

All I do is get a chocolate cake box mix and use kakeladi's recipe. I substitute vanilla to the almond extract. It's Basically same recipe without the white cake mix and almond.

I also sometimes substitute coffee for water because it my opinion, it gives it a stronger flavor.

Iva1976 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 10

RylanTy, I actually did it that way and even added cocoa powder....I just think it lacks chocolate flavor. I wonder what else can I add to make it more chocolaty......Thanks!

DeeDelightful Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 10

What about using chocolate milk in place of the liquid in the cake OR hot chocolate or a combination of chocolate milk/chocolate syrup. Maybe stir some chocolate chips in the batter; melt chocolate chips in the water that the recipe calls for or melt chocolate chips in the coffee...just some ideas. i've never tried it.

pouchet82 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 10

I use MacsMom's version. Check out the HELP! Gourmet flavors! thread and click on her googledocs link. She uses chocolate pudding and chocolate milk in her version. I love it!

Iva1976 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 10

I love that thread!!..... I tried making the chocolate cake from macmoms recipe. The only thing I did'nt use was the chocolate milk. I used a combination of coffee and plain milk. Can I melt chocolate and mix it in the batter? What kind of chocolate should I use? Thank you for your help ladies and gents! icon_biggrin.gif

pouchet82 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 10

Hmmmm, maybe you can throw in some chocolate chips that will melt in the batter. I know that In one of her recipes she mixes in thick caramel, maybe you can do that with a sundae fudge or something?

Iva1976 Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:00pm
post #8 of 10

Maybe I'll try the hersheys syrup...My husband told me to do that yesterday, but of course I ignored him!! icon_lol.gif I kinda feel bad now icon_redface.gif If that does'nt work I'll try melted chocolate. I just have to figure out what kind to use.....

Thanks!!

Rylan Posted 28 May 2009 , 12:12am
post #9 of 10

I've also tried adding half of a giant hershey bar (melted). It was so good. I ate the other half.

Cakepro Posted 28 May 2009 , 12:27am
post #10 of 10

This one is rich and deeply chocolate, without having to add cocoa: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7367-0-AMAZING-Chocolate-WASC-Cake.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%