What's Your Favorite Chocolate Wasc Recipe?

Decorating By Iva1976 Updated 28 May 2009 , 12:27am by Cakepro

Iva1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iva1976 Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:58am
post #1 of 10

Please share........ icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Thanks!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

9 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 27 May 2009 , 3:25am
post #2 of 10

All I do is get a chocolate cake box mix and use kakeladi's recipe. I substitute vanilla to the almond extract. It's Basically same recipe without the white cake mix and almond.

I also sometimes substitute coffee for water because it my opinion, it gives it a stronger flavor.

Iva1976 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 10

RylanTy, I actually did it that way and even added cocoa powder....I just think it lacks chocolate flavor. I wonder what else can I add to make it more chocolaty......Thanks!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 10

What about using chocolate milk in place of the liquid in the cake OR hot chocolate or a combination of chocolate milk/chocolate syrup. Maybe stir some chocolate chips in the batter; melt chocolate chips in the water that the recipe calls for or melt chocolate chips in the coffee...just some ideas. i've never tried it.

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 10

I use MacsMom's version. Check out the HELP! Gourmet flavors! thread and click on her googledocs link. She uses chocolate pudding and chocolate milk in her version. I love it!

Iva1976 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 10

I love that thread!!..... I tried making the chocolate cake from macmoms recipe. The only thing I did'nt use was the chocolate milk. I used a combination of coffee and plain milk. Can I melt chocolate and mix it in the batter? What kind of chocolate should I use? Thank you for your help ladies and gents! icon_biggrin.gif

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 10

Hmmmm, maybe you can throw in some chocolate chips that will melt in the batter. I know that In one of her recipes she mixes in thick caramel, maybe you can do that with a sundae fudge or something?

Iva1976 Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:00pm
post #8 of 10

Maybe I'll try the hersheys syrup...My husband told me to do that yesterday, but of course I ignored him!! icon_lol.gif I kinda feel bad now icon_redface.gif If that does'nt work I'll try melted chocolate. I just have to figure out what kind to use.....

Thanks!!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 28 May 2009 , 12:12am
post #9 of 10

I've also tried adding half of a giant hershey bar (melted). It was so good. I ate the other half.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 28 May 2009 , 12:27am
post #10 of 10

This one is rich and deeply chocolate, without having to add cocoa: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-7367-0-AMAZING-Chocolate-WASC-Cake.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%