Text Message

Decorating By cylstrial Updated 27 May 2009 , 11:27am by cylstrial

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:56am
post #1 of 4

I just got a text message saying, "Address verification please?" from a NC number that I don't know.

Just wondered if anyone else has gotten it yet? I'm sure it's a scam.

I texted back and said, "Sorry I don't recognize the number". And you betcha, I didn't get an answer.

I just wanted to make sure that no one falls for this! I don't know if it's just random or whatever...I thought I'd post about it anyway!

3 replies
paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 27 May 2009 , 2:24am
post #2 of 4

Jeez people will go to such lengths to scam you. I posted an add on craigslist for a lost dog. I just got a reply that was obviously some scam ( sounds like it is from and adult type service) wanting me to respond to a specific email address so they can send PICTURES! Uh, no thanks, delete.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:01am
post #3 of 4

I have always understood that you shouldn't even respond to these scams because they are trying to find working numbers. If you respond, they know they have a working number to send spam to and even sell to others. I bet you'll start getting more of those.....I hope not!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 May 2009 , 11:27am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

I have always understood that you shouldn't even respond to these scams because they are trying to find working numbers. If you respond, they know they have a working number to send spam to and even sell to others. I bet you'll start getting more of those.....I hope not!

LOL! Oh crap! I was just trying to figure out if it was someone I knew or something!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%