1930's Birthday Party

Decorating By cakefairy03 Updated 5 Jun 2009 , 4:33am by madgeowens

cakefairy03 Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:03am
post #1 of 6

My sister and I are throwing our DHs one big bash for both of their 30th birthdays. They are both really into history, so we are combining them and having a '30s (as in 1930s) party. I just don't know what to make for their cake(s). I would like it to tie in with the theme. And I don't care if it's for one cake or two. I'm just not sure what would be a great idea for the cake(s). Any help is appreciated. TIA!!!

5 replies
4rays2hunny_bunnies2 Posted 27 May 2009 , 2:47am
post #2 of 6

Hello there,
I went to ask.com and typed in events from the 1930's. It pulled up a ton of pages for results. If your DHs are into sports what about doing a cake of the 1930's NY Yankee Stadium. If they into the entertainment scene the 1930's were the GOlden Era of Hollywood. You have so many classics from that era. YOu have the Wizard of Oz and GOne WIth the Wind, Casablanca, and so many more. Maybe you could do a movie theme with a carved movie camera with the film running down the sides. I might even would look up newspaper articles from the 1930's and do a newspaper headlines carved cake. I am new but I hope these suggestions will help.

cakefairy03 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 8:58pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately my Dh doesn't love sports or movies, but the newspaper headlines is a cool idea. I'll have to think about it more, but thanks for the thoughts!

madgeowens Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:13am
post #4 of 6

A 1930s telephone?...late 30s....a record with glenn miller name and make a little brown jug...one of his songs....a string of pearls.....another song...but not sure of the year may be got into the 40s

G_Cakes Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:23am
post #5 of 6

Love the '30's telephone idea...

I just googled images for 1930's and got a whole tone of stuff.

Since we had no TV to speak of Radio was big and you could do one of those old fashioned radio's or the michrophones they used to use when doing radio shows would be cool too.

Also not sure if either hubby is into cars but that would also be a way to go.

Art deco was in so you have a whole lot of ideas from that too. Good luck and hope this helps and cant wait to see pic's of what you come up with icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Posted 5 Jun 2009 , 4:33am
post #6 of 6

ooh ooh the RCA dog, and the old style phonograph that you had to wind up

Quote by @%username% on %date%