Horse Head......how Much Would You Charge?

Decorating By cupcakesnbuttercream Updated 27 May 2009 , 1:01am by playingwithsugar

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:25am
post #1 of 10

I had a customer request a stand-up horse made of cake icon_confused.gif ....I can't do that, so i suggested the head of a horse instead.....how much would you charge for something like this?
LL
LL

9 replies
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:26am
post #2 of 10

oops...didn't mean to post twice...

playingwithsugar Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:35am
post #3 of 10

That might not be you posting twice. I have noticed that pics are double posting since yesterday. We had a problem with threads double, triple, up to 7 times for a while.

It may just be a new bug to work out. Hey, at least the bosses are trying to keep up with it.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:41am
post #4 of 10

oh, ok Thanks for the info.

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:46am
post #5 of 10

ok...so is there anyone out there that can help me out? I need to give the customer a reply and I don't want to go to low on the pricing.....

mixinvixen Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:51am
post #6 of 10

i'm doing one of these this weekend! i charge a minimum of $150 for all carved cakes, but for this particular design, i estimated $7 a serving at approximately 30 servings which = $210. my client is also adding in 4 doz cc's at 2.75, so her total was $350.

i'll go ahead and say prayers for both of us!

playingwithsugar Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:54am
post #7 of 10

mixinvixen

How do you estimate servings on a carved cake? I thought the best way to charge for a carved cake was to charge according to the number of servings it takes to make the cake before carving.

Enlighten me, please.

Theresa

mixinvixen Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:00am
post #8 of 10

this is a repeat client, so i give her a small discount...i do charge for the amount of original servings usually. i plan on baking a 12x18, but using the extra carved off pieces to create height in the design, therefore not having to bake a second layer.

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:01am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

i'm doing one of these this weekend! i charge a minimum of $150 for all carved cakes, but for this particular design, i estimated $7 a serving at approximately 30 servings which = $210. my client is also adding in 4 doz cc's at 2.75, so her total was $350.

i'll go ahead and say prayers for both of us!

COOL! well let me know how that goes, please! I haven't done one of these yet and it looks like a lot of carving!!!!....and yes, do keep me in your prayers! Although I have a feeling I won't be doing this cake for this customer...because she mentioned being 'able to afford' the cake.....

playingwithsugar Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:01am
post #10 of 10

Got it. Thanks!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%