Didn't Realize I Was "holding My Breath" So To Spe

Decorating By texasseegirl Updated 27 May 2009 , 6:39pm by bebea

texasseegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texasseegirl Posted 26 May 2009 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 3

This weekend I did my first official paid cake for someone that was in no way related to me or a close friend. icon_lol.gif I didn't realize I was worrying so much about them liking it until I talked with the mom of the b-day boy today and let out a sigh of relief that they were happy with the order.

She raved about how much she loved the cake and cupcakes and it was exactly what she had wanted. She even saved one of the cupcakes to have her son's 1 year pics taken with this week. Her nanny had picked up the cake, and she was also the one I dealt with on all the details about the order so I of course was worried about the mom liking the end result.

To top it off that order was the 3rd cake I had done in a 4-day span - I've never done that many that close together - this is truly a hobby for me. I had also done a bridal shower cake for my daughters teacher that took forever (1st time making a mini doll cake with all the details that come with a wedding dress) and the last cake was a german choc cake from scratch for hubby's b-day.

With all that said, I had lots of questions for my fellow CC'ers last week and as usual you came through for me and made it a very successful week. Not looking for replies, just wanted to share my good news with those who would appreciate it the most. Thank you!!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
crazycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazycaker Posted 27 May 2009 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 3

I still hold my breath, especially with new clients, so I understand. I am glad they loved your cake!

Happy decorating.... icon_smile.gif

bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:39pm
post #3 of 3

kudos to you! that is always a great feeling!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%