Yellow Imbc

Decorating By nickie_cole13 Updated 27 May 2009 , 1:01am by costumeczar

nickie_cole13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickie_cole13 Posted 26 May 2009 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 4

I have another problem I use a IMBC, but I can't get the icing any more than a pale off white ivory is there any way to get this white? I tried using whitener but that just separated out of the frosting making a huge mess. Are there other IMBC's that are white or is that just the nature of the beast? Thanks!!

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 May 2009 , 11:33pm
post #2 of 4

It depends on the color of the butter. The lighter the butter, the lighter the color of the icing. IMBC usually has an off-white cast to it, it's the nature of the beast.

If you're really hard-core about it, you could make your own butter using whipping cream, but that would take a lot of time if you need a lot of butter!

nickie_cole13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickie_cole13 Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:55am
post #3 of 4

i am defiantly not that hardcore! icon_smile.gif Is there such a thing as white frosting that doesn't taste like sugar? I have had no luck with any good frosting recipes at all.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:01am
post #4 of 4

Any icing that has butter in it is going to be slightly off white, but I always tell people that and explain why...They don't seem to kind when I explain that pure-white icing is usually all crisco and no butter. It also depends what it's put up against, Some icing will look more or less off-white if it's next to an ivory or a white tablecloth, or if the light in the room is darker or lighter, for example.

Long story short, I don't worry too much about the color and nobody complains that the white wasn't pure white.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%