Cake Decorating Idea

Decorating By sxyfemm Updated 27 May 2009 , 6:11pm by sadsmile

sxyfemm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sxyfemm Posted 26 May 2009 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 11

I recently recieved a cake order from a repeat client .The cake is for her bestfriend in the world and she gave me 3 things to go on

1.Her bestfriends nickname is Hershey

2.She loves the number 7

3. She loves the color blue

She suggested a huge hershey bar cake
But that is where her ideas ended

Does anyone out there have any ideas for this cake!!!

I would appreciate it

10 replies
Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 26 May 2009 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 11

for cakes like this i prefer to make say a two tier, 8 and 6 or 8 and 10 and work with the ideas.

so, i would make a whimsy style polka dot/stripe cake in shades of blue and white- maybe a little pink and then make a hersey bar topper and stick a big curly number 7 on the side and loads of icing "streamers" and maybe a load of tiny hersey kisses, etc.

thats what i would do, although i have a fear of carving shaped cakes so maybe im just chicken!!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 26 May 2009 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 11

I'm thinking a cake iced in blue (or blue fondant) with a 3D hershey bar on top made of fondant or gumpaste. I don't know about the "7" unless you did seven of something for a border??

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 26 May 2009 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 11

If her name is Hershey, why not a Hershey's kiss on top. Just popped into my mind that it might be cuter than the actual bar. icon_biggrin.gif

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 26 May 2009 , 10:53pm
post #5 of 11

Okay... I love this one. I wish I were doing one. Here's another thought. Use the blue fondant idea, with 3d silver Hershey kisses as the border or instead of polka dots, use the kisses shape. Sorry, I couldn't stand not giving one more thought. I'll stop now. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 26 May 2009 , 10:57pm
post #6 of 11

What if you did seven hershey kiss shaped cakes - the size of each would be your choice, maybe graduated? Wrapped in blue foil, like a kiss.

Or you could do the 'kiss' cakes covered in chocolate ganache on top of a cake covered in blue fondant.

Good luck and have fun!!

Melissa icon_biggrin.gif

sxyfemm Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:58am
post #7 of 11

A BIGGGG THANKYOU TO EVERYONE !! I LOOOOVED A LOT OF THE IDEAS
icon_biggrin.gif

floridagal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floridagal Posted 27 May 2009 , 12:24pm
post #8 of 11

Be sure you let us know how it goes. And don't forget the pictures!!
icon_biggrin.gif
Melissa

sxyfemm Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:54pm
post #9 of 11

OK I have an update we have decided to do a big # 7 covered in blue fondant with a hershey bar hanging of the side of the seven and matching cupcakes with hershey kisses on top

Not particularly what I had in mind but the client has her own agenda

SO now the new issue is she wants the cake to be chocolate and filled with cream
My first response was HUH..but now Im wondering how do I do that I have never filled a cake before especially a number 7

Any suggestions?

BakeLoveMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeLoveMom Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:02pm
post #10 of 11

For a cake like that I find it is easier to put a layer of say 9x13 leveled even.(depending on how big you need the 7), then put the filling on, then another layer of leveled 9x13. Put it in the freezer for about 20 min. or so, then use a tall sharp knife to cut out the seven that way you will have nice sharp corners(use a cardboard templete if you are nervous about eyeballing it). Post pics when you are done.

Sarah

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 27 May 2009 , 6:11pm
post #11 of 11

Her nickname Hershey has seven letters-ask her friend to come up with an acrostic for it. Or seven thins we love about you...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%