Business Opportunity Please Help

Business By duchess1120 Updated 27 May 2009 , 5:43pm by bebea

duchess1120 Posted 26 May 2009 , 8:42pm
post #1 of 4

I was told be a co-worker to put together a proposal for a friend who is opening a kids party place (with bouncy castles, games, etc). They will allow birthday parties and ofcourse they will need cakes.

I have no idea what to put in this proposal aside from pictures of my work. Am I to suggest that the owners include my info in their party packages so the parents will have an idea of where to get the cakes from? What about pricing and how will the owner benefit?

So lost and confused. Any info will be appreciated.

TIA

3 replies
indydebi Posted 26 May 2009 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 4

If it was me, I'd give them, for example, 3 styles of cakes with a serving range and a price. I believe they would be looking for a simple list of choices they could show the birthday mom ... "With our room price, you get the room, party hats and your choice of one of these cakes."

For example:

"9x13, serves 15-24, $xx.xx
11x15, serves 25-35, $xx.xx
8" round, serves 15-24, $xx.xx
10" round, serves 25-35, $xx.xx
Customized (2-tier, fondant, special characters or gumpaste work): quoted per cake

Prices quoted are for white or chocolate cake, buttercream icing, basic decors and "Happy Birthday" message. Price includes delivery to (Party Place). Special customized cakes start at $xx.xx and final price is contingent upon design."

ccr03 Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:34pm
post #3 of 4

Indydebi took the words out of my mouth!

That's how Chuck E. Cheese does it. They have two basic styles in chocolate and vanilla. Set price for each.

From the Chuck E. Cheese web site:

Quote:
Quote:

Does Chuck E. Cheese's sell cakes?
Chuck E Cheese's offers an 8" round cake (chocolate or vanilla) that will serve approx. 12 guests. We also offer a 1/4 sheet cake with Hershey's Chocolate that will serve approximately 18-20 guests.

bebea Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 4

i agree with deb (as always, lol)...i would be sure there was something in there about the basic colors - such as 'basic design to include border, happy b'day and child's name in our theme colors. color changes are allowed, for a fee of $5.' then go into the wording about other types of cakes must be quoted.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%