Cake Storage

Decorating By mrsclox Updated 28 May 2009 , 1:56am by jammjenks

mrsclox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsclox Posted 26 May 2009 , 6:11pm
post #1 of 4

How does everyone store their cakes? What do you do with them when they come out of the oven and during the whole decorating process? I often bake my cakes a good 2wks in advance and am curious about how everyone keeps their product fresh?

3 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 26 May 2009 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, if I'm busy I make my cakes in advance and wrap them really well in saran wrap and then in foil and put it in a freezer bag. When I need to use it, take it out two nights ahead and put it in the fridge, with the wrappings to thaw. Take it out the next morning and leave it to come to room temperature and proceed with torting filling and the rest.

But normaly I make my cakes two days ahead. When it comes out from the oven, let it cool completley on a cooling rack . Then put it on the cake board, wrap it with saran wrap. In the night, I torte and fill and wrap again with saran wrap and leave it to settle overnight. In the morning, put the buttercream on and cover it with fondant. Do the decorations and put it in a cake box. icon_smile.gif

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:37am
post #3 of 4

After the oven, I let it cool, level it and then wrap it in layers and layers of plastic wrap and then put it in a freezer bag or use foil for bigger cakes... I then pop it in the freezer.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:56am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RylanTy

After the oven, I let it cool, level it and then wrap it in layers and layers of plastic wrap and then put it in a freezer bag or use foil for bigger cakes... I then pop it in the freezer.

I do it this way except I only use one layer of plastic wrap.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%