Fondant ?

Decorating By angeleyes5 Updated 28 May 2009 , 1:33am by Elise87

angeleyes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angeleyes5 Posted 26 May 2009 , 4:36pm
post #1 of 4

I am going on vacation. While on our vacation I am going to make a birthday cake for my son to share with his cousing for their birthdays. I want to make a regular sheet cake and then make some legos out of rice krispie treats and then cover them with fondant to resemble the legos. My question is if I made the legos ahead of time how should I store them, and how long would they be good for? Does anyone have any tips for making the legos?
Thanks in advance!

3 replies
Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:18am
post #2 of 4

i not actually sure how to store fondant figures but i once put 2 little fondant handbags into a plastic container and the next morning they had gone all soft and sticky so i wouldn't do that in my opinion, i dunno, but atleast this will give you a bump icon_smile.gif

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:29am
post #3 of 4

As far as fondant storage I would say a plastic container but plastic intends to sweat remember so make sure you put some napkins in the storage container , I have stored mines that way overnight til following day in the evening so I also think depending on how many days.

As far as the legos once you make your blocks you can add cookies to resemble the little circles at the top like oreos or something.

Well good luck and sorry I wasnt of any help.

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 28 May 2009 , 1:33am
post #4 of 4

well i didn't put any napkins or anything in my container though so maybe that was the problem....could you put in the container those packets of stuff that absorb moisture that are food safe. You could use them out of another product that you might have in your pantry that has them?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%