Topsy Turvey Disaster

Decorating By bsharp Updated 26 May 2009 , 6:54pm by Hollysuann

bsharp Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 2

After putting the Topsy Turvey cake together my instinct told me to drive a long dowl down the cake. With that being said, I had a friend with me that does cake on occasion. She thought that sinse we were moving the cake just around the corner from where we were that we could set it up and move it without a dowl.. Bad move on my part. thumbsdown.gif I knew better but let her talk me into it. Not good!!! Yes gravity took over and the cake slide all over the place, lol.. funny now but not then. The cake was made for a friend (Thank God) it was a freeby and a BIG lesson learned. I was told the cake tasted good.... icon_rolleyes.gif It's hard to say it's just cake after busting your butt to make something look good only to fall apart before your eyes. I'm thankful it was a cake for a friend and not for someone I didn't know. I would have ruined someone's birthday... icon_cry.gif
Hope someone can learn from my mistake....

1 reply
Hollysuann Posted 26 May 2009 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 2

Wow...that stinks! I am sure it was a lot of hard work! I am doing a graduation cake and have been debating on doing one central dowel (as well as using straws) on a 4 tier cake. Guess I will definitely be using that central dowel!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%