Securing Cake For Transporting

Decorating By Scrumptious Creations Updated 26 May 2009 , 2:43pm by ledonnia

Scrumptious Creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Scrumptious Creations Posted 26 May 2009 , 6:17am
post #1 of 4

Hi I need to make a fondant boom box for 50 people any suggestions how to stack safely because It must be transported? I know I must dowel it but wondering if there is something else to do for added measure.
Thanks

3 replies
shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 26 May 2009 , 11:49am
post #2 of 4

I don't know of anything you can do besides use a good, sturdy cake and dowel it. It might help if it's chilled when you transport it, but I'm not really clear on whether you can refrigerate fondant. I know some do without problems, but I've never tried it. Good luck, can't wait to see pics!

stojmenov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stojmenov Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:55pm
post #3 of 4

how far does it have to go? I like putting mine in a box that is close to the size of my cake board... I also lay a towel in the bottom of the box so it doesn't slip or slide around

ledonnia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ledonnia Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:43pm
post #4 of 4

I like to find a box as close to size of tier (on a 2 inch larger than tier foiled cake board) Icut all four sides of box down to bottom,lay a thin piece of foam on bottom of box cut to fit-set the cake in and pull up the sides of box and tie with ribbon-Ive taken cakes many miles this way and at the set up all you have to do is untie ribbon and slide out cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%