Anyone Every Used Albert Uster Fondant??????????

Decorating By abed Updated 26 May 2009 , 1:59pm by Brownie1954

abed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abed Posted 26 May 2009 , 3:53am
post #1 of 5

I will be making my sisters wedding cake and want to use a special fondant that's easy to work with and tastes good. I've heard albert uster is good tasting and easy towork with. Anyone ever tried it? I like choco-pan, but I hate working with it in the heat. Any thoughts??

4 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:24pm
post #2 of 5

I freaking LOVE AU fondant. I used the Massa Americana at the World Pastry forum to decorate my dummies and it was so nice to work with. I repaired wrinkles and holes easily, and it tastes soooooo goooood!

Definitely get some. If you order >$195, shipping is free, otherwise it's $25.

They have one with white chocolate in it, too. I bought some but haven't used it yet.

auiswiss.com

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 5

Hi...Yes...I use Albert Uster Fondant. The first time was in a wedding cake class at The Notter School of Pastry Arts. It is fantastic, and sooo easy to work with. I had never touched fondant before then and was nervouse about it, but it was great. I just ordered some of the Massa White for a wedding cake I have due on June 12. Definately give it a try.

Debluvs2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debluvs2bake Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:08pm
post #4 of 5

Where do you buy AU Fondant?

Brownie1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brownie1954 Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 5

I live here in Dayton Ohio, and I don't know of any stores that sell it. All I have ever done is order from them on their web site....
As Karateka wrote: auiswiss.com Let us know if you order it, and what you thought of it....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%