How Many Hits A Day....

Business By jillmakescakes Updated 29 May 2009 , 8:11am by taniabanana

jillmakescakes Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:43am
post #1 of 12

does your website receive?

In talking with a website designer, they indicated that 40-50 hits a day was pretty good for a local small business. I thought that seemed a little low.

Does anyone else check their stats, and if so, what are they?

I average 200-250 hits a day with my current record being 402 in one day. My highest day is always mondays- people preparing for the weekend and killing time at work icon_lol.gif

11 replies
aligotmatt Posted 26 May 2009 , 3:07am
post #2 of 12

I don't have a hit counter, or I don't know how to work it if I do have one.

however, I do know how to use the google adwords things, and it doesn't seem like we are all that busy for cake searches in this area, so you would have to get your hits based mostly on advertising.

SOooo I think 40-50 a day is really fair.

cylstrial Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:18pm
post #3 of 12

I don't have a website or anything, but it sounds to me like 200-250 a day is excellent. Especially, if the designer told you 40-50 is good!

snarkybaker Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:36pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmakescakes

does your website receive?

In talking with a website designer, they indicated that 40-50 hits a day was pretty good for a local small business. I thought that seemed a little low.

Does anyone else check their stats, and if so, what are they?

I average 200-250 hits a day with my current record being 402 in one day. My highest day is always mondays- people preparing for the weekend and killing time at work icon_lol.gif

Are you sure that is " website hits" or is it " page views"? A hit counts a unique user regardless of the time they spend on your website. Page views show how many different pages were loaded. For example one person ( hit) may load your " about us" page, your " flavors" page and your " pricing and policies" page so it would be 1 hit, 3 page views. Both are valuable pieces of information.

__Jamie__ Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 12

And don't forget about web crawlers and spiders and bots and all that. I get massive hits...I am told a lot of them are search engines indexing and bookmarking your page for future organizing and placement when someone Yahoo's or Google's words that match your page.

jillmakescakes Posted 26 May 2009 , 3:00pm
post #6 of 12

Very Good Point!! After looking, it is page views and not "hits" I'm not able to find a way to change it, or view unique hits. Anyone else use Sitebuilder and know how to do this?

costumeczar Posted 26 May 2009 , 4:04pm
post #7 of 12

I get an average of about 600 individual page views a day. I use sitebuilder, if you go to the page where you sign in, click on webhosting control panel. Once you get that graph of total page views, you can click on "detailed statistics" at the bottom of the box. That will give you a total of the page views for each page, then you can click on the stats link next to each individual page for more details. If there are less thna a certain amount of page views in 90 days it resets to 0.

I'd use the help directory to see if there are other ways to get more specific. I think that there are, I just haven't gotten around to doing any of them!

pinkpiggie78 Posted 26 May 2009 , 5:49pm
post #8 of 12

I average about 200 page hits a day according to my web-hosting statistics. I am just a very small home baker about an hour outside of DC, but then again I think the name of the bakery causes curiosity hits... not only business hits.

jillmakescakes Posted 26 May 2009 , 6:10pm
post #9 of 12

costumeczar, I use those detailed stats a lot too! I'll have to do some Help-section-browsing later tonight. thx!

sara91 Posted 28 May 2009 , 6:46pm
post #10 of 12

You should be also looking at unique users not just hits.

indydebi Posted 29 May 2009 , 4:43am
post #11 of 12

Mine shows the number of views each page gets. If there's a way to find unique users, I haven't discovered it yet.

But I can still use the data to get a feel for traffic. I graph the views of the home page only (under the logic that whenever someone comes into my website, odds are good they are coming in thru the home page .... except for you guys who go straight to my "how to cut a cake" page link! icon_biggrin.gif ). By using a consistent measuring stick, I at least have a consistent pattern of traffic.

taniabanana Posted 29 May 2009 , 8:11am
post #12 of 12

Google Analytics is great. It gives unique users, keywords people searched and found your site with (even from other search engines) which city they came from, how long they spent on each page and LOADS more.

Best of all its FREE, you just add the HTML code to your site.

Have a look here to see how to do it
[url]www.google.com/analytics/

The only drawback is that it's nearly as addictive as CC!

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%