Hello everyone. I'm going to buy my first edible image from Wal-Mart this week and need help and advice.
1. Can you place an edible image on colored buttercream or does it have to be white?
2. Can I trim the edible image closer to the image?
3. If "yes", best way to do this?
4. How far in advance can I purchase the image and it still be fresh?
5. What is the best way to place it? Can I pick it up off the backing and just lay it on? Is there a special technique I should know about?
6. How far in advace can I place the image? Will the colors bleed?
The image is going to be the names from a class graduating and the school logo.
I've only done on white, I would think that a light image on a dark cake wouldn't work well. Yes , You can trim them I use my scissors. I peel mine off starting at a corner and laying in at the edge of a counter and pulling it. I get my images the day I do the cake, they don't stay long they crack. The images stay good long as they are on the cake even in the freezer. They can't be frozen though before you place them on the cake they will crack. Hope this helps you.
One thing I forgot to tell you FROM EXPERIENCE put the image on BEFORE the icing crusts. You can frost it put image on then I smooth the top with image on. Hope this makes sense to you. Some people use a real light mist of water , but I did that once and it bled some. I do images all the time and the best thing for me is to place the image on fast then smooth.