Need Help With This Cake!!!!!!!

Decorating By justfun Updated 25 May 2009 , 10:20pm by jammjenks

justfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfun Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:44pm
post #1 of 7

how do i attach these ropes around the cake and they stay.[/img] any help would be great. we are doing a cake like this but 4 tiers not 3.
LL

6 replies
Jewelsx19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jewelsx19 Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 7

I am still pretty much a beginner...but I would probably use a thin bead of royal icing....I find Royal icing holds things very well.

twistedsplinters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twistedsplinters Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 7

I did a cake similar I just used water to attach the waves and flowers you can see it in my photosGOOD LUCK!

sharless Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharless Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 7

Water should work fine! Just use a paintbrush and put a line of water on the back edge of the rope and attach to the cake. You may have to do a little at a time and hold it in place for a few seconds for it to adhere.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:09pm
post #5 of 7

Antonia74's icing will hold a freighter in place, if you make it the right consistency. icon_smile.gif Good luck!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:16pm
post #6 of 7

make a fresh batch of tylose glue.. that will hold it.. or melt your fondant with the water.. let it be pretty thick.. that will hold with no problem..hth

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:20pm
post #7 of 7

As you can see from all the responses, you can do it several different ways. The way I would do is using water. I would lay damp paper towels down and lay the ropes on that. Then when you pick them up they will be very sticky on the back and will stick right to it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%