Cupcake Filling

Baking By Madiken Updated 30 May 2009 , 11:02pm by kandu001

Madiken Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 11

I was wondering if anyone has tried filling cupcakes with marshmallow fluff. The idea appeals to me but I'm not sure if it would work.

10 replies
leily Posted 25 May 2009 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 11

absolutely! taste wonderful too.

Madiken Posted 25 May 2009 , 8:21pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks leily! I will give it a try. I think I'm going to make chocolate fudge cupcakes, fill them with the fluff and top them with chocolate buttercream.

mellee Posted 26 May 2009 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 11

Madiken, can you bring some by my house, please? icon_biggrin.gif

mbt4955 Posted 26 May 2009 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 11

This may be common sense, but how do you get the marshmallow fluff in the cupcake - pastry bag and tip? Is fluff different than cream? I use marshmallow cream in my fudge and I have a horrible time just getting it out of the jar. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

Madiken Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:57am
post #6 of 11

Sure mellee! I'll be right over! (if I ever get time to make them that is!)

Madiken Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:59am
post #7 of 11

I was going to do it with a bag and tip because that's how I usually fill the cupcakes. I haven't done it yet though!

mbt4955 Posted 27 May 2009 , 1:00pm
post #8 of 11

Is marshmallow "fluff" a different product than marshmallow "creme"? I found this online ... Marshmallow Fluff is still produced by the same batch process developed over 75 years ago - it's the only marshmallow creme made in this manner. I've never seen fluff in the stores here.

mellee Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:04pm
post #9 of 11

Nah, fluff and creme are the same thing. To fill cupcakes, I use an apple corer. I drive the corer right down to the bottom of the cupcake while twisting, and then I pull out the "plug." (Sometimes I have to dig a bit if it comes out in pieces). Don't worry about a hole in the bottom of the cupcake because some of the cake gets flattened down on the bottom. I do this to each cupcake and lay the plug beside it. Then I put the filling in a sealable plastic food bag. I cut a corner off the bottom of the bag and stuff the bag into each cupcake hole and squeeze in my filling. I squeeze without moving the bag until I see the filling rise up to the bag, and then I slowly bring the bag up while still squeezing until the hole is almost filled. Then I stop squeezing and take the bag out. Then I take just the tippy top of the plug and put it back on the cake unless the filling is going to be the same as the frosting, in which case I don't bother to cover the hole. It sounds like a lot of work, but it really only takes 5 or 10 minutes, and the results are GREAT! Lots of filling! Yum! icon_smile.gif

Madiken Posted 28 May 2009 , 3:50pm
post #10 of 11

Oh I like the apple corer idea. You would definitely get more filling in that way. I'll have to get one of those!

kandu001 Posted 30 May 2009 , 11:02pm
post #11 of 11

Sorry if this is too late, but I filled some with fluff and eventually the fluff disappeared. It's too sugary and just evaporated into the cuppie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%