"where Were You In 1969?"

Decorating By Madiken Updated 25 May 2009 , 8:17pm by Madiken

Madiken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madiken Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 7

Okay, so that's the theme of the 40th birthday party I am making a cake for. It's for my friends brother next month. The cake needs to feed b/w 30 and 35 people. Any Ideas?

6 replies
thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 7

So I guess you weren't really looking for answers to that question.....'cause I was gonna say, I wasn't even a blip on the radar yet! I was born in '75!

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:14pm
post #3 of 7

If you Google "world events 1969" you will get a lot of ideas. Wikipedia has a huge amount of information for you to choose from.

deedee4420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deedee4420 Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:24pm
post #4 of 7

Woodstock happened in August, 1969, there is a huge celebration at the original site this August in Bethel, NY. I live in PA and there is an article about this in our local paper.

Also, like everyone else suggested, google the year and see what else you can find.

crazygravy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazygravy Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 7

I was born about 2 decades after Woodstock but I think it would make a pretty cool cake. However, if he was born in 1969 he probably don't really remember Woodstock. I think that was more for the folks born in 49is...I could be wrong...could you include things like:
first walk on the moon, music like Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, Joan Baez, Peter Paul and Mary, Grateful Dead, go-go boots, long hair, chunky shoes, peace signs, maybe barbie dolls or GI Joes (weren't they invented around that time), bell bottoms, hula-hoops, mood rings, lava lamps, hackey sacks, the "twist"

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:47pm
post #6 of 7

I was going to say, I was born in 69. So I don't remember much about that. I do know Neil Armstrong's famous quote when he landed on the moon.

Maybe that helps since it's for a man. Men like rocket ships and things with a lot of power. A cake using the ideas crazygravy suggested would be kind of easy to do. Maybe find out chronologically when they happened and begin with the earliest to the latest.

Good luck and have fun with this!

Madiken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madiken Posted 25 May 2009 , 8:17pm
post #7 of 7

I wasn't born until 1970 so I was really stuck! Great ideas everyone! I like the woodstock idea. Maybe I'll do something with a '70's vibe since that's when he would have been growing up. I'll get some more info. about what he was into as he was growing up too. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%