Worst Cake Topper Ever - Finished!!!!!!!

Decorating By crazeyhair Updated 26 May 2009 , 11:37pm by floridagal

crazeyhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazeyhair Posted 25 May 2009 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 61

Hey everybody - I just wanted to thank you all for your advice, stories and most of all your hilarious responses to my dilemma!! The wedding is over, the cake is done and it was a HUGE hit. I decided to change the design just a bit (which worked) and then put the topper next to the cake - where it stayed for the majority of the time, until the MOB found it and put it on. Here are some pics of the final product!! Thanks again for everything!! Oh man, I put the pics in the wrong order - oh well!!!
LL
LL
LL
LL

60 replies
pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 25 May 2009 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 61

The cake is beautiful! You're right that topper is something else.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 25 May 2009 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 61

thanks for showing us.. your cake is beautiful.. umm.... the topper?.. ha! just kidding..

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 25 May 2009 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 61

Holy carp! Well, I guess we wouldn't know from pretty if we didn't have ugly to sit it next to.

en-passant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
en-passant Posted 25 May 2009 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 61

Oy. The topper ia almost as big as the cake!

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 25 May 2009 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 61

oh wow.... that topper is a monstrosity. i mean it's huge!!!!

beautiful cake. icon_smile.gif

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 25 May 2009 , 6:53pm
post #7 of 61

I was hoping you would post these pictures soon. That is hilarious! I think the MOB should be very happy - her topper had pride of place on the table on display. How funny that it sat crooked on the cake when it finally went on. I can't believe she thought that it looked OK. Maybe she realised when she finally saw it on top of your beautiful cake. Thanks for posting!

kilikina_24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kilikina_24 Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:30pm
post #8 of 61

Your cake is beautiful!!! I love the design! Sorry the MOB put that ugly thing on top!!! What did the bride think? Was she really okay with that topper? Or did she just not want to rock the boat with mom?

hensor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hensor Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:38pm
post #9 of 61

The wings still crack me up along with the groom's red flowers. Your cake is beautiful and good idea about putting it next to the cake. Too bad the MOB put it back on. Hopefully she wasn't in charge of any other decorating at the wedding. LOL

crazygravy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazygravy Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:41pm
post #10 of 61

Holy 1985! That is hilarious. I'm sitting here trying to imagine what kind of cake that topper could go on? The only thing I can come up with is a plain white cake with a few sunflowers or red ribbon around it.

BTW, your cake rocks!

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:46pm
post #11 of 61

Dude, that topper is heinous!

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:47pm
post #12 of 61

You did such a awesome job on the cake! That is the ugliest topper I have ever seen. I still cannot believe the MOB thought it should have been put on the cake. I can't believe its about the same size as the cake. LOL

What did the Bride and groom think of that awesome topper???? haha

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:48pm
post #13 of 61

Your cake is very beautiful, At least she did not have it on all the time, so people did get to see your beautiful work. icon_biggrin.gif

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:02am
post #14 of 61

If your cake could feel and think, I know it would feel insulted and would be thinking how in the hell did this wind up in my personal space. lol
That topper looks out of place being on the same table as your cake. It looks utterly ridiculous sitting on top of it. That topper is offensive to your beautiful cake. I didn't read everyone's responses because I had to say something immediately after seeing that monstrosity (sp?) in the presence of all that is good. I'm about to go back and read the replies; but before I do, I'm praying that I read that someone at the reception made it magically disappear without any damage to the top of your cake. OK! I'm going in! Wish me luck.

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:09am
post #15 of 61

LMAO! Thanks for posting the finished product(s)...that is absolutely the ugliest topper I have ever seen. Your cake was lovely, and I am glad you have the pictures to prove it!

STRAWBERRY1390 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
STRAWBERRY1390 Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:11am
post #16 of 61

As I saw your pic I said to myself ooo what a pretty cake and then as I scrolled thru the thread and I saw the topper ON top of that pretty cake. I said OUT LOUD "Oh my god" (in a fearful tone mind you). I said jeez she must have been pissed. Thank goodness it sat without the topper for most of the wedding. That way the guest saw your lovely design. Good job. thumbs_up.gif

Happy caking,
Stacy

angelicconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelicconfections Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:12am
post #17 of 61

well that topper is certainly eye catching icon_eek.gif way to busy for my taste, but I guess to each thier own! Without the topper the cake is beautiful, to bad you had to put that monstrosity on top it!

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:15am
post #18 of 61

Well I'm back. We have yet to hear back from Crazeyhair in response to all of our inquieries. So there's still hope. I got a kick out of what you all said. I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I had to go back and have another look; although l knew it was going to hurt my eyes and make the enamel on my teeth peel. I'm serious people I am offended for Crazeyhair to the point where I feel like she was disrespected. lol

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:16am
post #19 of 61

I've just pulled myself up off the floor from a laughing fit. That topper is truly the ugliest thing I have ever seen! How on earth would anyone think that was pretty? You were right to sit the topper next to the cake. You should never be a part of destroying your beautiful cake. That thing is a nightmare!

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:16am
post #20 of 61

Your cake on the other hand is beautiful. But that topper oh! What flash backs. It looke like the topper that was on my wedding cake except mine was covered in a awful burgandy tulle everywhere. To this day I hate burgandy.

kylekaitlyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kylekaitlyn Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:19am
post #21 of 61

What a beautifu job you did on the cake. You should be proud. I'm sure the guests were all abuzz about that rediculous topper. I wonder if anyone accidently said something that got back to her. Eventually she will see (I hope) what is classy and elegant and what is not.l

this-mama-rocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
this-mama-rocks Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:22am
post #22 of 61

That topper is proof that everyone has taste.

Just for some people, it's all BAD taste.

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:30am
post #23 of 61

icon_eek.gif Wow! I am absolutely speechless! I had no idea such monstrosities were even made. Wonder where she purchased that topper, I'd looooove to see the website. Maybe uglytoppers.com??

Your cake on the other hand is very pretty, so you should feel proud of that!

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:33am
post #24 of 61

Baking Girl, no one has such awful taste to make and sell that awful topper. OP said that MOB MADE that God-awful monstrosity!!!

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:42am
post #25 of 61

Has anyone let cakewrecks know?

angelicconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelicconfections Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:46am
post #26 of 61

my great grandmother may scowl down upon me from above, but I am struck anew at how awful that topper is. Really, my eyes are watering from its evil influence. Sometimes, really less is indeed more.

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:53am
post #27 of 61

Ha ha ha ha--I'm so glad you posted the result! I had no idea from your first pics of the topper that it was so incredibly HUGE! I wonder what the bride thought?

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:59am
post #28 of 61

crazeyhair

Your cake looks lovely.......but due to the topper placed on it, I took the liberty of redecorating your top tier and I think it is more fitting.
LL

pastrychef101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrychef101 Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:00am
post #29 of 61

Way too big and busy for the cake. Great job on the cake, and at least you got some great shots before the topper went on.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:02am
post #30 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJean

crazeyhair

Your cake looks lovely.......but due to the topper placed on it, I took the liberty of redecorating your top tier and I think it is more fitting.

LOL!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%