Mmf ~ How Long Does It Take To Set?

Decorating By Kenzy Updated 26 May 2009 , 4:00am by Texas_Rose

Kenzy Posted 25 May 2009 , 6:21pm
post #1 of 3

Ok I have decorated a flower pot shaped cake with MMF - how long does it take to set? Should I put it in or out of fridge? Is there a way to speed up the process? Cake NEEDS to be delivered in 2hrs!

2 replies
Kenzy Posted 26 May 2009 , 3:05am
post #2 of 3

Ok so the cake is done and was delivered successfully! I was very impressed to know that considering this was my first Fondant covered cake I never had any tears, rips, or cracking....on the otherhand I noticed that by the time it arrived at its destination it had began to "sink" a bit (noticeable to me - luckly not anyone else).

I ended up putting the cake it the fridge to stiffen up and the assembled soon after. It was 95 degrees here (texas) and the humidity was there anything that I could have done differently? Should I have let the MMF set longer?

Just posted pics and I look forward to everyones input.

Hugs to All for you help!

Texas_Rose Posted 26 May 2009 , 4:00am
post #3 of 3

Your cake looks great!

I think I could tell what you meant about sinking, a little bit. That happens to my cakes if I put the fondant on right after I fill them. I usually let it settle a few hours before I put the fondant on.

Have you tried Indydebi's buttercream yet? I've found that it's great for hot humid weather.

Quote by @%username% on %date%