Why I Love Decorating Cakes...

Decorating By lomfise Updated 26 May 2009 , 1:43am by jensenscakes

lomfise Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:46pm
post #1 of 4

Today one of my male colleagues turned 60, and I'd decided I would give him a cake. I've only been at this particular office for a month, but he's the sweetest guy and has always been very helpfull with all my questions.
I decided on a boop cake, and when I saw his face when he saw the cake, I knew I'd made the right choice.
I just wish I'd thought of bringing a camera to take a picture of his expression. It was something like this icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif
All day he proudly showed of his cake to everyone who came into the office, and I have never had so many comments and grins on one of my cakes before.
I love getting this kind of reaction, and am still smiling now, it makes it all worth it.

P.S. I haven't posted a picture of the cake here, it's a little bit naughty, but you can see it in my gallery.

3 replies
gailsgoodies Posted 25 May 2009 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 4

Great job on the cake! I'll bet his face looked like this:

Image Image

Glad he liked it!

angelicconfections Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 4

Isn't it wonderful to get that reaction? A few years ago when I had just started doing cakes I made birthday cakes for my in-laws. Thier birthdays are just days apart and before we always had just one cake for both. That year I made one for her , gingerbread covered in pink mmf and pressed with a lace pattern and one for him, a red barn with little farm animals. My DH thought I was going overboard, but his mom got tears when i gave it to her. Turns out, she had never, not once ever had a birthday cake that was all her own before. As a child she had to share birthdays with a brother and after that her husband. Now, every year I make a point to make her a special cake. This last year it was a german choc, but it was still all hers!

jensenscakes Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:43am
post #4 of 4

I also like when people are super happy with their cakes it always gives me a little warm fuzzy inside.

I am so glad your coworker loved the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%