Spiderman, Green Goblin

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 26 May 2009 , 2:45pm by sadsmile

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 5

i'm doing a cake this weekend. the kid wanted a drum cake then changed his mind to spider man so i jokingly suggested a spiderman drum cake just being funny and the mom totally went with it, lol... so.... i she wants a 3 tier tiled drums with something to make it look spider man also. i am making a fondant spiderman for the top and piping spider webs on the top also and maybe sides of the drums but i don't want to over do it.

anyway, the kid also kept asking for the green goblin but he looks really complicated. has anyone ever done a green goblin out of fondant? even just the face would work i think

so here's my main concern, she is doing a combined party with both her kids and i am doing an alice cake with tons of little fondant details so i dont' want the drum cake to look plain next to the alice cake. can anyone suggest some other details i can do fomr spiderman?

4 replies
BabeyCakey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabeyCakey Posted 25 May 2009 , 1:57pm
post #2 of 5

You could add a fondant Venom - Spiderman's nemesis. That's what I did for my cupcakes, and the birthday boy loved them! Hope that helps!

Svd1502 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Svd1502 Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:12pm
post #3 of 5

You could also use any spiderman toys the boy may have, or buy some plastic figurines and charge for those. That's what publix did to me 2 years ago, before I discoved my love for cake decorating.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 5

Make it look like the drums are a Spiderman set of drums. edible images on the sides would be easy like a logo and the tops of the drums with a web. If you had that flexible icing stuff that makes soft lace you could make webs out of that and have them draped over the sides like it was webbed together holding it up topsy turvy like.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 26 May 2009 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 5

sorry I couldn't remember before the flexible stuff is sugarveil

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%