Need Ideas For This One.

Baking By catcreations Updated 28 May 2009 , 2:42am by sarahcupcake

catcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catcreations Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:17am
post #1 of 10

Okay so my daughter wants to take cupcakes for her track team, and I'm at a loss as to what to top them with. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm making about 50. Thanks any help would be great!!

9 replies
Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:22am
post #2 of 10

You could use gumpaste or fondant and make little hurdles, blue ribbons, track shoes, relay bar, etc.

Bohnlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bohnlo Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:22am
post #3 of 10

How about hurdles?

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:23am
post #4 of 10

gold, silver, and bronze medals?

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:28am
post #5 of 10

Are you good with molding figures? Could you mold the little track shoe w/ the wing that symbolizes track?

If I were you i'd go the easy route and just dye the icing the team colors. You could even wrap a little ribbon around the cupcake wrapper to give it a special touch.

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:28am
post #6 of 10

50 sounds like a lot to do a bunch of sculptures. i don't do cc though so i don't know but if i had to do 50 i would try something easy, lol. how about some running foot prints on each one? you could easily make a stencil of a running shoe foot print and do that. it would look even better if you leveld the tops and frosted them black with yellow lines. use pwdered sugar for the shoe print maybe.

if you really wanted to go all out though, i think running shoes out of gp/fondant would be aweosme icon_smile.gif.

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:30am
post #7 of 10

oh cute idea with the winged shoe. you could even just do the wings if eveyone would get it

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:33am
post #8 of 10

Little tennis/track shoes. A star & some silver dragees are always good and easy. You could just do them in the school colors. If they are all girls you could go the girly pink champagne route. Different shades of pink with pink sugars, pink candies, pink pearls. Sorry that's all i've got. icon_cool.gif

bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 26 May 2009 , 5:02pm
post #9 of 10

if all the girls have a certain number they always use, put the numbers on them. simple and really personal. or, just go w/ the school name and colors.

sarahcupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahcupcake Posted 28 May 2009 , 2:42am
post #10 of 10

You could use school colors and write their name on each of them, maybe putting a Nike swoosh or something under the name to give it some flair. It would be simple, but still cute.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%