Does Anyone Remember...

Decorating By TamiAZ Updated 26 May 2009 , 1:52am by -K8memphis

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 25 May 2009 , 2:57am
post #1 of 15

I've been spending a lot of time on this board this weekend reading posts and getting excited about decorating again.. I've also been thinking about decorators that used to post here. There's one in particular I'm curious about. Her name was Michelle and she did the most amazing sculpted cakes.. I'll never forget her Scooby Doo cake. This would have been back 3 or more years. She also used to post on the Pink Palace board and That Cake Board. I believe she was from Missouri.

Does anyone know the Michelle I'm thinking about? Is she still decorating? Does she have a website?

Thanks.

14 replies
Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:05am
post #2 of 15

I'm not sure who the Michelle is that you're looking for (I know it's not me, though icon_smile.gif )

I've noticed a lot of decorators missing from here lately. The one I think of often is Emmascakes, she used to be here quite frequently.

If Debi or Melvira or Tita ever go missing, I'm going on a CC hunt!!

abruntz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abruntz Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:13am
post #3 of 15

So what is this Pink Palace Board this is the first I have heard of this?

By the way I don't know that Michelle.....

Thanks

TamiAZ Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:15am
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by abruntz

So what is this Pink Palace Board this is the first I have heard of this?

By the way I don't know that Michelle.....

Thanks

Sugarcraft board = The Pink Palace

Oops...I guess that's a bad word around here... icon_surprised.gif

abruntz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abruntz Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 15

geez I hate when that happens maybe just put spaces between all of it.... icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:16pm
post #6 of 15

........name was Michelle and she did the most amazing sculpted cakes..........

Hi Tamy;
I know who you speak of. She really cut back - maybe totally stopped decorating.
Her web site name was something like "Sweets N Strings".......something and strings as her DH played some instrument........She had lots of health problems and had to go on a special diet. That's about all I can remember.
Lynne/kakeladi

yummycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummycupcakes Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:26pm
post #7 of 15

This probably not the Michelle your looking for, but I just found this website and her cakes are so beautifully decorated. Her website has lots of great information as well.

http://www.inspired-by-chocolate-and-cakes.com/index.html

TamiAZ Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:28pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakeladi

........name was Michelle and she did the most amazing sculpted cakes..........

Hi Tamy;
I know who you speak of. She really cut back - maybe totally stopped decorating.
Her web site name was something like "Sweets N Strings".......something and strings as her DH played some instrument........She had lots of health problems and had to go on a special diet. That's about all I can remember.
Lynne/kakeladi

Hi Lynne!!

How have you been?? Are you still in Northern California and do you still have your shop? I've been MIA for about three years. I had to focus on school and I started working full time. This weekend is the first time I've picked up a spatula in three years. I sure miss it. I went to check out the Pink Palace and I saw they had it password protected. Whatever happened to That Cake Board?

TamiAZ Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:30pm
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummycupcakes

This probably not the Michelle your looking for, but I just found this website and her cakes are so beautifully decorated. Her website has lots of great information as well.

http://www.inspired-by-chocolate-and-cakes.com/index.html

Not the one I'm looking for, but she does some amazing work!!

Thank you!!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:42pm
post #10 of 15

I'm not Lynne, but I thought I remembered you from long ago and far away--I'm still me K8 Memphis--but umm, That Cake Board got 'evacuated'--I guess you could call it---the owner kinda stopped keeping up with it and another board grew out of it Sugar Buzz.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:46pm
post #11 of 15

is this the one?

http://www.cakestrings.com/

TamiAZ Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:52pm
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

is this the one?

http://www.cakestrings.com/

YES!!! icon_lol.gif I could not remember the name of her website. Thank you!!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:56pm
post #13 of 15

I just pmed you the other info...

I'm glad I could help...I just went on what kakeladi mentioned...

TamiAZ Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:56pm
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

I'm not Lynne, but I thought I remembered you from long ago and far away--I'm still me K8 Memphis--but umm, That Cake Board got 'evacuated'--I guess you could call it---the owner kinda stopped keeping up with it and another board grew out of it Sugar Buzz.

Hi K8...Yes, I'm a oldie. I'll have to check out the Sugar Buzz. That's too bad about That Cake Board. I still have my CD. thumbs_up.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:52am
post #15 of 15

By chance was it you whose in law's or your parents were very ill back then when you stopped cakin'? Did you guys move to AZ back then too?
Mighta been someone else but Any how--hope all is well--glad to see you back at it!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%