Cookie Bouquet Ideas To Thank Teachers?

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 26 May 2009 , 4:56pm by luv2bake6

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:23pm
post #1 of 7

At the end of every year i bake something nice for my kids' teachers. This year i'd love to give each one a cookie bouquet and showcase everything i've learned here on the forum.
I kind of want to stay away from the usual apples, school buses, etc, and don't want anything too detailed as i'm not artistically inclined and need to make 15 of them.
They do not necessarily have to be specifically school-themed.
Thanks for any advice and recommendations!!

6 replies
bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 7

How about something "summer" teachers LOVE summer. I just did a banana split bouquet and it was pretty easy, not alot of details. You could do bathing suits and flip flops, ice cream cones, watermelon.

luv2bake6 Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 7

I don't have those cookie cutters unfortunately, but that's a great idea for future ones!

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 24 May 2009 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 7

You could do flowers for female teachers. They are pretty easy and you can add as much detail to them as time allows. I've seen really cute 'teacher' bouquets here that have rulers, glue etc..in them. If you don't have the cutters you can use a square or rectangle cutter and just design the cookie inside of this shape. But that idea is pretty typical of 'teacher' gifts.
Do you know of any interest they have? Most teachers like coffee..how about coffee cups etc..that say 'thanks a latte'...cakes by design has something like that and they are really cute too.
HTH

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 24 May 2009 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 7

How about beach cookies with a tall margarita, and a little sign that says No More Pencils, No More Books!

Or some schoolhouse cookies, with a padlock the door, saying See You In September?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

angelicconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelicconfections Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:45am
post #6 of 7

How about a mixed flower array? Daisies and tulips are easy enough to make with the cutters and not hard to decorate. You can even use fondant and with the same cutters your decoration is a snap. One thing I found is to not over do the icing under the fondant. the cookies can be really simple, just shapes with color sugar sprinkles. Dress it up with curling ribbon and pretty tissue paper, and have fun!

luv2bake6 Posted 26 May 2009 , 4:56pm
post #7 of 7

I think i'll go with the flower theme since most except one are female, and i definately have those cutters.
Thanks for the other great ideas here, i'm going to think about when i can use them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%