I Need All Your Thoughts On This Cake Idea

Decorating By krissycupcakes Updated 26 May 2009 , 1:43am by jammjenks

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 24 May 2009 , 6:54am
post #1 of 8

im making a grooms cake for friends of mine and they want a base guitar. but you know i cant just make a plain old base i wana make a base in the guitar case. ive seen some of you on here have smaller brass insturments in cases but it seems like alot of work if anyone has any ideas for this cake im looking for ideas there crazy "band geeks" and i wanna make this nice for them. thanks for your help.

7 replies
ElsafromNorway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElsafromNorway Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by krissycupcakes

im making a grooms cake for friends of mine and they want a base guitar. but you know i cant just make a plain old base i wana make a base in the guitar case. ive seen some of you on here have smaller brass insturments in cases but it seems like alot of work if anyone has any ideas for this cake im looking for ideas there crazy "band geeks" and i wanna make this nice for them. thanks for your help.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=605743

ElsafromNorway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElsafromNorway Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:29pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsafromNorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissycupcakes

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=605743

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/guitar_cake.html

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 8

I think she wanted to see a guitar in a case.....

Not sure how big you are making it and don't have any pics for you, but I guess you could make a lid out of gumpaste, maybe a thin piece of styrofoam cut to shape and covered for the top of the lid, for stability.

Good luck!

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 8

That above photo is nice, but keep in mind that if you plan on doing a BASS guitar, it has only four strings and they're pretty thick. That's what gives it the deep, bassy sound. Perhaps you should find out if the groom has a favorite basist that he likes to listen to, find a picture of their guitar and recreate that. Or if he has a bass, recreate that one. Perhaps with a half a dozen roses tucked into the case too.

Sorry, I don't have any helpful tips on how to do this, the only 3D cake I've done is a pillow and that's hardly 3D. Maybe find some pics of guitar cakes and pm the maker, ask them for some hints. Good luck!

krissycupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krissycupcakes Posted 25 May 2009 , 6:16am
post #6 of 8

thanks everyone i promise ill post pics next week when its done i have a plan!!!! we will see if it works as planned

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:20am
post #7 of 8

i made dracula in a coffin once and i did the coffin out of gp. it worked really well. it was completely hollow and i lid was laid on the side of it

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%