Mad Scientist. No Idea!!!

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 26 May 2009 , 6:24pm by yamber82

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:06am
post #1 of 13

i have a cake for a party in july with a mad scientist theme. i googled and googled and all the cakes i found were pretty much all the same sheet cake with a scientist head and gloves. i am just not into doing that but can't come up with any other idea icon_sad.gif

12 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:33am
post #2 of 13

cake like a beaker --- some odd creature in it...cartoon word balloon -- "DADDY!"

----

a cake that looks like a big pile of ashes. "It's DEAD! Oops, Dr. Frankenstein did not take into account the true power of lighting."

----

cake that looks part human & part bug (as in The Fly!) --- "See what happens when you forget to spray for bugs before teleporting!"

----

Two headed anything -- "First Head: Well, at least I'll always have someone to talk to! Second Head: "Shut up! I'm not talking to you!" or each looking at the other: "Dad always liked you best!"

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ski Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:40am
post #3 of 13

found this pretty cool

http://www.flickr.com/photos/donbuciak/2986807577

On the same theme fill the beakers with a Mountain Dew mixed piping gel , black lights turn it Lime green in the dark.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:42am
post #4 of 13

A package cake like a shipping carton with one corner broken out and a tentacle a slipped out.

yamber82 Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:44am
post #5 of 13

thanks for the ideas. and to the last one. i think that cake looks great but i am trying to stear away from that general idea of the head and beakers on a rectangle. the lady actually picked on like that with a dexter head, but i was hoping to come up with something else first and change her mind icon_smile.gif i'm not very good at being original, i usually just copy someone else, lol. i did see a scientist done with the teddy bear pan and i thought of doing that and putting him on a stack of books, but she didn't sound into it.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:44am
post #6 of 13

Maybe some chemical and math formulas, atoms, E = mc 2, etc. I put these things on a recent cake. Look at the additional picture on this one.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1369394.html

sharless Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharless Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 13

As soon as I read the title of your post I pictured a cake that looked like a big vat with fog/steam pouring out of it, and a fondant figure of a "mad scientist" leaning up against it. I would use dry ice to create the fog effect.

yamber82 Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:23pm
post #8 of 13

that might work. i'm not really sure what a vat would look like though. you mean like a cauldron type thing?

sharless Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharless Posted 25 May 2009 , 10:39pm
post #9 of 13

Yeah, a large cauldron, I was picturing it kind of metallic, like a steel look.

Leahbell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahbell Posted 26 May 2009 , 12:08pm
post #10 of 13

I love this idea, maybe you could adapt it a little.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=55736

yamber82 Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:25pm
post #11 of 13

oh that's cute icon_smile.gif thanks. i saw one similiar to that but that one is really well done. would it be possible to cover the little guy in fondant instead of piped icing? and i was wondering if i could make him into a dexter. she seems to like dexter's lab

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 26 May 2009 , 6:24pm
post #13 of 13

you guys are awesome! i really liked that last one. not sure if i could pull off the figurines though but it sure would be fun to try icon_smile.gif i tried all last night to make a spider man and it was NOT working.

i should probably post this in another thread but i was wondering if i should start making the little figures out of marzipan. does it taste any better? i have never tried it but for some reason i was thinking it did.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%