Silver Or Pearl Dust..

Decorating By TamiAZ Updated 24 May 2009 , 1:48am by TamiAZ

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 24 May 2009 , 12:35am
post #1 of 5

I need help making a decision..I'm making a cake and the colors are baby blue and silver and the theme is stars. The fondant will be baby blue and I will have silver lettering and silver star accents along the side of the cake and silver stars on wires. There are two 9" cakes and I was going to put bows on them, but I can't decide if I should paint them silver or dust them with pearl dust. Silver is pretty, but too much and it becomes gaudy.

The cake will be set up using the crystal splendor cake stand. The 12" cake will be on the table and I will have two raised plates with the 9" cakes on them behind the 12" cake.

Do you think two silver bows will be too much? My gut says use the pearl dust, but I thought I would check here. I'm out of practice and needs some advice.

Thank you!!

4 replies
sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 24 May 2009 , 1:30am
post #2 of 5

My first thought would be go with pearl. I agree, too much of anything can turn a cake from great to bad.

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 24 May 2009 , 1:42am
post #3 of 5

I agree. Go with pearl. I always think it's looks more interesting with three colors...two main colors and one accent color. I wouldn't have just one thing be that accent color though (like the bow) It will stand out and people may wonder why only the bow is different. I would maybe also do a small border in the pearl at the base of the tiers to tie it all together.

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 24 May 2009 , 1:42am
post #4 of 5

Pearl

TamiAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TamiAZ Posted 24 May 2009 , 1:48am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

I agree. Go with pearl. I always think it's looks more interesting with three colors...two main colors and one accent color. I wouldn't have just one thing be that accent color though (like the bow) It will stand out and people may wonder why only the bow is different. I would maybe also do a small border in the pearl at the base of the tiers to tie it all together.

Thank you, everyone!! I'll go with pearl or maybe I'll just leave it without the pearl, but I definitely won't do silver. I was going to do a white bead border so maybe leaving the bow without the pearl would be better. Then the bow and border would be the same.

Thanks again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%