Penny's Butter Cookie Recipe Help....

Baking By Redlotusninjagrl Updated 21 Jul 2009 , 12:15am by yellobutterfly

Redlotusninjagrl Posted 23 May 2009 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 5

I thought I would venture to try this as it had such good reviews and I was excited to NOT have to refrigerate before cutting. This dough is terrible! It is very sticky and hard to cut. Roll between two sheets of parchment? Nope. It sticks. Throw a little flour to help. It doesn't help much. I have had good results with NFSC but I think I have failed with this one. I read thread after thread about how this recipe is so great. I followed the instructions to the T. Is it great just in theory, because I am having a hard time with it. Do you have any tips or tricks? I like that it has more flavor, but I think I could just add more flavoring to NFSC. If you can add anything here, please do.

4 replies
cylstrial Posted 24 May 2009 , 8:49pm
post #2 of 5

I know you said that it doesn't have to be chilled. But I would chill it and then see if it will roll out better. I always put a little flower on the bottom sheet of wax paper. That's all I can suggest. =o)

revel Posted 25 May 2009 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 5

i use this recipe all the time and have never had any trouble with it. I wonder why it's giving you grief?

frostedbliss Posted 28 May 2009 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 5

I love this recipe too. I wonder what would happen if you gave it another try. Maybe it's the humidity or a particular ingredient?.... I hate for you to waste your $ on trying it again, but this recipe is delicious. I havent ever had any trouble with it being too sticky, the only negative I have found is that it doesn't quite hold its shape as well as the NoFailSugarCookie recipe. I was searching Penny's Cookie forum posts too because I use this recipe alot and wanted to see if she actually has a site so I could see her cookies. Good Luck thumbs_up.gif

yellobutterfly Posted 21 Jul 2009 , 12:15am
post #5 of 5

Just so ya know - you're not alone...I tried this recipe a few years ago - once was enough, I was VERY unimpressed...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%