Cookie Makers...fondant Question, Please Help :)

Decorating By Minstrelmiss Updated 23 May 2009 , 11:12pm by Minstrelmiss

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 23 May 2009 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 8

Hello cookie gods/goddesses...

I am working on my first fondant covered cookies. * yah me icon_smile.gif *
I know I don't need to apply buttercream to get the fondant to stick but do any of you use it under the fondant for flavor or otherwise? Thank you!

7 replies
GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 23 May 2009 , 9:15pm
post #2 of 8

Ive never used BC under it, since your cookie is flavored and your fondant is flavored ~ I would think that would almost be too much .. I apply a slight brushing of corn syrup .. or you can lay it straight on the cookie while its still warm from the oven, then it will stick all by itself .. whichever you have time .. I like the corn syrup best.
HTH! and Good Luck!

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 23 May 2009 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 8

Hi, I haven't done much cookies, but I never use buttercream under fondant when covering the cookies. If you are making your own fondant, you can add some flavour to it. Or if you are making chocolate cookies, try covering them in chocolate fondant. icon_smile.gif

Minstrelmiss Posted 23 May 2009 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you bashini and GayeG. You confirmed what I thought icon_smile.gif

I used the Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla with seeds compound form Amoretis in the cookies and LorAnns champagne flavoring in the mmf so imagine it will be fine.

Thanks again icon_biggrin.gif

GayeG Posted 23 May 2009 , 10:15pm
post #5 of 8

And that sounds delish!!! I used the same compound from Amoretti's too and they were soooooooo good!! How is your fondant with the champagne?? That sounds sooo good too!!! they will go wonderful together .. no need for BC too .. your combo sounds like you might have struck gold!! icon_smile.gif Yummmy!
And .. your welcome!

Minstrelmiss Posted 23 May 2009 , 10:37pm
post #6 of 8

I love the mmf with the champagne oil. The cookies are for a bachelorette party and will match the invites. I just wanted to make sure before I made them because I usually only use BC but I'm branching out! I want to blow my friends away....they are rich b**ches (nice women but MUCH better off than me) and so my talent will level the playing ground icon_wink.gif I would rather have talent first and money later.

Thanks again thumbs_up.gif

GayeG Posted 23 May 2009 , 11:08pm
post #7 of 8

Yes ~ well, then your champagne mmf was the PERFECT flavoring! Rich women LOVE their champagne's! ~ as for me, Ive only tasted the Asti ~ hahaha (heck, is that even champagne??) hmmmmm ok ~ so it was Boones Farm but who cares right?!! icon_wink.gif
Good Luck to ya then ~ May your 'talent' bring you much 'money'!!
And dont forget to share your pics when your done!! I'll be looking for your post!!

Minstrelmiss Posted 23 May 2009 , 11:12pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks GayeG! The party isn't until the 5th so don't hold your breath for pics thumbs_up.gif Im just working on designs now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%