Finding Edible Rice Paper?!

Decorating By TyeRiley Updated 24 May 2009 , 3:55am by chilz822

TyeRiley Posted 23 May 2009 , 6:24pm
post #1 of 8

I want to try to make the edible rice paper butterlies for my grandmothers birthday cake this coming week, but I can't seem to find the edible rice paper. I tried searching on CC to find a thread with this info already in it but it didn't bring anything thing up. What store do you buy yours from? Where can I find it? Thankyou for any help you can offer.

7 replies
renee2007 Posted 23 May 2009 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 8

I have bought it once before at my local cake shop. I have also seen it online. just do a search for rice paper and it should come up. hope this helps thumbs_up.gif

Brenda0217 Posted 23 May 2009 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 8

You could try the site Fancyflours.com, see if that might help you. I know they have the rice paper. Hope that helps.

cakewalkky Posted 23 May 2009 , 9:09pm
post #4 of 8

I just ordered some from countrykitchensa.com. Also called wafer paper.

kello Posted 23 May 2009 , 9:17pm
post #5 of 8

I find mine at the supermarket in the Asian section.

TyeRiley Posted 23 May 2009 , 11:51pm
post #6 of 8

thankyou all for the replies. I called several different places in my area and no one seems to have it. I was told by one store to check at an Asian food store. So I did and I got this stuff thats called rice paper but it's almost plastic like and has a weird basket weave pattern on it. It says to put it in warm water for 5 min and then wrap filling in it. So I don't think this is the right stuff or is it? I'm going to keep searching though. Thanks Again.
Sara

funtasticake Posted 24 May 2009 , 12:03am
post #7 of 8

kopykake and sugarcraft as it.go online...they have several sizes...and color too.

chilz822 Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:55am
post #8 of 8

If you check out fancyflours, they have pre-printed rice paper with lifelike butterflies already on it... cheap too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%