Iso Ball Tool

Decorating By goldenegg Updated 23 May 2009 , 11:10pm by peg818

goldenegg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goldenegg Posted 23 May 2009 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 3

Hi All,

I've been using the Wilton ball tool that came with the set I bought and I gotta tell ya I'm pretty frustrated with it. It's made of hard plastic and has a line across the whole ball part and this line sometimes snags my gumpaste or fondant, especially when I roll it really thin, and this happens when I don't even press very hard. I know I could try and sand it down smooth but I'm afraid I might make it worse. So rather than attempt to improve a poorly engineered ball tool I'm now in the market for a new one but I'm not down with taking a leap of faith on this so I thought I'd get some opinions from other CC'ers. I'm more interested in the metal ones because I'm assuming they don't have a line on the ball, of course I could be wrong though. Any suggestions on a good reasonably priced ball tool with no line on the ball part? Looking for brand name and where to get it. TIA! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 23 May 2009 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 3

I just took a nail file and smoothed down that little ridge on mine.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 23 May 2009 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 3

I vote for the metal one, they are usually more $$ then a plastic, but you will only have to buy one and it will last forever.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%