No Show Cake Pickup

Decorating By franskitchen1 Updated 24 May 2009 , 4:59pm by __Jamie__

franskitchen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
franskitchen1 Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 15

I returning customer called an order a small fondant covered wedding cake for this week end. I was busy but did it because she was a repeat customer. She was suppose to pik it up last night I called her at noon and told her it was ready.
She nevered showed I called her at 745 this am she said she would be over to get it.
Alll I have is her cell phone number no address. Iam pissed it was alot of extra work for me on a busy week ed plus. I waited instead of doing something with my Family for her. i just needed to vent I guess we'll be eating wedding cak eat our picnic tomorrow. Not a customer that I'll do anything else for...

14 replies
-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 15

Sorry that happened to you - how annoying.

All the pros will tell you they don't turn the oven on without having at least a deposit, mostly because they've learned from experience like you.

I would have made the cake too, because I have customers that I trust - maybe until it happens to me too!

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 15

I'm sorry that this happened to you. Did you get a deposit or anything from her?

I wonder why she never picked it up when she said that she would be over. You would think that if they were having a wedding, that there would be need for a cake, and if something happened that they WEREN'T getting married that she would have said something.....but still paid for it.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:57pm
post #4 of 15

Maybe she'll still show up? Hope so. Yeah I had ONE no show and from then on I always take deposits...and if last minute or very small order, I take complete prepayment. Sorry about that.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:58pm
post #5 of 15

Wow, how weird, hope nothing happened to her... In the meantime enjoy the cake with your loved ones and count your blessings, what kind of a fruitcake do you have to be to do something like that?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 May 2009 , 7:38pm
post #6 of 15

In this world of 24/7 everything, people have lost the idea of punctuality and simple consideration. A recent article points out that with cell phones, people now think if they CALL you to say they are running late, then it's the same as showing up on time.

So am I understanding that at 1:30, she STILL hasn't shown up? icon_surprised.gif When was the wedding? icon_confused.gif

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 23 May 2009 , 7:46pm
post #7 of 15

I'm so sorry. Oh, and welcome to CC!

en-passant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
en-passant Posted 23 May 2009 , 7:47pm
post #8 of 15

Can you check her cell number online? What's it called... a reverse check? Do you know the venue? Call there.

If someone did this to me I would call them every single day for the rest of their lives.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 24 May 2009 , 2:25am
post #9 of 15

I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...NEVER ACCEPT AN ORDER WITHOUT PAYMENT IN FULL! Especially a last minute cake, repeat customer or not. I won't even pull out my mixer until all funds are in hand. Then if they don't pick it up...too bad but I surely am not out any funds because of it.

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:20am
post #10 of 15

Maybe something happened to her. Car accident, heart attack. You never know...

panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:32am
post #11 of 15

It's something to learn. So far hasn't happend to me but when it does I think I'll be just as pissed as you are......or on the other hand HAPPY I get to eat another cake. lol Just wanted to make you laugh. Don't worry things happen for a reason, God only knows why.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:34am
post #12 of 15

Maybe something did happen to her. Hopefully, she wasn't that rude, disrespectful of your time, and ungrateful to just not pick up the cake. If you don't hear anything from her, then you know that she was icon_sad.gif .

I am sorry that happened to you. It is a lesson that we all can learn from...not to take out the mixer without, at least, a deposit.

franskitchen1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
franskitchen1 Posted 24 May 2009 , 2:24pm
post #13 of 15

Thanks to all your replies. I finally got a hol;d of her yesterday by text, and she said Dad Had Heart Attack... So Sad.
He was okay and the small wedding is this noon.instaed. Well Needless to say, I mess her today , and no call again, I'm sorry about her Dad, But if she is still having wedding today, Why not call me back and I also said that I would deliver the cake, still, no word.
So less learned, thank God It was a small cake, No more orders until money is in hand!!! I guess we'll be eating cake at my Family picnic today.
You all have anice Memorial Day FRANKITCHEN

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:32pm
post #14 of 15

Back at ya, FransKitchen...Have a great holiday everyone icon_biggrin.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:59pm
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times...NEVER ACCEPT AN ORDER WITHOUT PAYMENT IN FULL! Especially a last minute cake, repeat customer or not. I won't even pull out my mixer until all funds are in hand. Then if they don't pick it up...too bad but I surely am not out any funds because of it.

Pretty much....I'll never hedge on this rule. Ever.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%