Has Anyone Filled Mini Cupcakes?

Baking By Munchkinette Updated 4 Jun 2009 , 7:31pm by floral1210

Munchkinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Munchkinette Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:07pm
post #1 of 7

Can it be done? Or are mini's too small to fill? I'd love to put a a filling in them but I don't want to waste my time to find out that they are way too small to fill with an yummy filling. Thanks!

6 replies
Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 7

Never have but doesn't mean you can't. I find that once the minis are decorated, it's more than enough sweet for me so more would be overkill...but that's me. Try something and see what you like icon_smile.gif

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 7

Yep. I do it all the time. Fit your bag of filling with tip 8. Jam the tip into the top of the cupcake. Squeeze gently as you pull the tip up. Stop squeezing when you get to the top of the cupcake. Smooth out any overfill. The icing covers the hole.

jenangel1229 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenangel1229 Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:13pm
post #4 of 7

I tried once for a bridal show for my samples and I ended up throwing them out. They didn't look very good. I used a 12 tip from wilton maybe that was my problem.
Good Luck

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:15pm
post #5 of 7

It's the only way I make them. Favorite is white cake with red raspberry filling, topped with a dollop of icing.

Munchkinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Munchkinette Posted 23 May 2009 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks everyone! I will give it a try and see what happens. Worse case scenario is that they don't turn out the way I want and I will have to keep them all for myself. icon_biggrin.gif

floral1210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floral1210 Posted 4 Jun 2009 , 7:31pm
post #7 of 7

I, too, fill them often. I use the smallest writing tip and just put it into the top. It works beautifully...just enough filling. I pipe BC over it, and they are sooo good. 70 of them, along with 60 cookies and a cake for 72 people were all consumed by 40 people at my daughter's grad school party last month! LOL The mini's were lemon cake, filling, and bc...lemon overload? Is there such a thing?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%