Is An Electic Pasta Machine Worth It???

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 24 Oct 2013 , 6:45am by rojersequaria

crisc23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisc23 Posted 27 May 2009 , 2:55pm
post #31 of 38

If you do a lot of fondant work/accents the electric pasta machine is totally worth it. 99.9% of all my cakes are iced in buttercream with fondant accents. My electric pasta machine is the most important tool I have. I would be lost without it. I have thought about getting a 2nd one to keep just in case mine ever breaks!!

I have the Marcato Pasta Maker with Electric Motor. It is all silver. I have had it for about 3 years with no problems. It works like a charm. I think I have seen them online lately for 129.99 and free shipping.

http://www.consiglios.ca/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=386&idproduct=1946

I think that is where I got mine. 129.99

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 28 May 2009 , 8:07pm
post #32 of 38

My DH just got the KA pasta attachment (8 spd) for me. It came with the fettucini and spaghetti which will be great for bows.

My questions for the pros:

can you use these attachments for pasta and gum paste or is it better to only use it for one or the other?

I had a manual crank pasta machine I got from the clay department and it was miserable to get and keep clean. What is the best cleaning regime you use for your KA attachment?

I intend to use mine mostly for gum paste to make flowers. I have my Ka on my counter all the time so this will be a blessing for making the flowers.

Thanks in advance.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 29 May 2009 , 2:42am
post #33 of 38

I had a manual for years...then got a Kitchen Aide attachment...OMG...LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Jen icon_smile.gif

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 6 Jun 2009 , 1:50am
post #34 of 38

I just got my Roma pasta roller in the mail. Haven't used it yet, but I was a bit shocked at how big it was. Thought it would be this cute little machine I could tuck away and my hubby wouldn't even notice icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif nope it's pretty big and bright red!! I know he's seen it but still hasn't asked about it icon_lol.gif will be trying it out tomorrow on a cake I have to do!

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:15am
post #35 of 38

okay I used it today for making zebra stripes for a cake. I loved it. I don't even know how much time it saved me. icon_biggrin.gif

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 3:55am
post #36 of 38

icon_biggrin.gif Be careful! This is what happened to my buddy Toni the other day:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toni-italy/3598453336/

Poor thing! icon_sad.gif

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 7 Jun 2009 , 4:24am
post #37 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Jamie__

icon_biggrin.gif Be careful! This is what happened to my buddy Toni the other day icon_sad.gif

Ouch!

rojersequaria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rojersequaria Posted 24 Oct 2013 , 6:45am
post #38 of 38

Hi

Just wondered if anyone used a pasta machine????

If so are they good? easy to use? do you save money? and more importantly does it taste much better?????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%