Ideas For Drama Coach?

Baking By painter0818 Updated 23 May 2009 , 6:57pm by Doug

painter0818 Posted 23 May 2009 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 6

I will be doing a bouquet for a drama coach and am clueless. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

5 replies
Cookie45 Posted 23 May 2009 , 1:41pm
post #2 of 6

I love a theme. What about the comedy/ tragedy mask one associates with the theater?

Or if the coach has been involved with a specific play, using that as a springboard for cookie designs-i.e. Wizard of Oz...rainbows, Emerald city, Glenda the Good Witch, etc.

Or do a rectangular cookie decorated with a curtain opened and a message between the open curtain....or a leg in a cast and a cookie stating "Break a Leg"....

Good Luck!!!

GeminiRJ Posted 23 May 2009 , 4:08pm
post #3 of 6

I love the comedy/tragedy mask idea! You could add some musical notes, some stars, maybe even a clapper board (sorry, don't know the "technical" name for the scene one, take one board). Can't wait to see pictures of the finished bouquet!

cookiemookie Posted 23 May 2009 , 4:10pm
post #4 of 6

I just picked up that comedy/drama mask cutter at Downtown Dough last week!

It's an ASM cutter.

You might be able to get it on their website, or you can request that they order it for you.

N2Cookies Posted 23 May 2009 , 6:51pm
post #5 of 6

Another idea could be a ticket cookie with Admit One on it, or it could have the coach's name on it. Would not need a special cutter either. Just a strip of dough and the center of the ticket cut out could be done by using a straw or a small bottle cap that is proportiate to the size of the cookie. Also a megaphone with their name on it would work also. That's about as much as I can come with. Hope this helps and good luck.

Doug Posted 23 May 2009 , 6:57pm
post #6 of 6

Speaking as a drama coach of 30 years experience (yes, I am "that" old!)

A BIG bottle of Aspirin!!!

A Monster bottle of Valium!!

-----

then of course there's always they ever traditional "BROKEN LEG!:

masks are cute too.

Is this drama coach an INTERNATIONAL THESPIAN SOCIETY troupe sponsor??? If yes, the ITS logo would be nice as well. http://www.edta.org/store/product.aspx?Id=118

a copy of script (marked and highlighted)

tools (hammer, saw, etc.) used to build the set.

stage lighting instruments (the ever popular Fresnel with barn doors)

a "costume" -- like from Camelot or King & I,

and don't forget a playbill (aka program) and tickets!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%