Hard Fondant

Decorating By Yankie Updated 23 May 2009 , 6:33am by Yankie

Yankie Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:16am
post #1 of 4

I had purchased a Wilton Fondant about 2 months ago...there's about 4 different colors in the box. I opened the box....and the fondant is harder than normal..what can I do to get it soft enough to work with it?

Thanks in Advance!

3 replies
sweet_teeth Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:29am
post #2 of 4

Zap it in the microwave for like 10 seconds, maybe less. I also kneed crisco into it.

Momkiksbutt Posted 23 May 2009 , 6:01am
post #3 of 4

Well, I hate to say it but....you did buy the worst fondant on the planet! icon_razz.gif Wilton fondant is really bad...in every way. You might be able to salvage it if you do these two things...it might make it "ok"...

First, add some crisco to it and then put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Next knead in some almond extract. Remember to keep your hands coated in crisco. The more fat you add the softer the fondant will be.

You'll have to likely roll it out on a piece of clear vinyl to keep it from sticking to the surface. That's an advantage though because doing that allows you to lift your fondant directly onto the cake and then just peel away the vinyl. Easy Peesy!

Just a suggestion, next time you use fondant, use Massa/Albert Uster brand fondant. It's the best! Worth the price for sure!!

thumbs_up.gif

Yankie Posted 23 May 2009 , 6:33am
post #4 of 4

momkiksbut, Thanks for the info..I know their fondant is not the best..I only got it cause it was already colored and is just for some cut out flowers. Not to cover a whole cake..but thanks for the info

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%