Decorating By ninatat Updated 24 May 2009 , 4:12am by madgeowens

ninatat Posted 22 May 2009 , 10:41pm
post #1 of 11

Hi all, i've been trying out all my tips and i love the look of 136 it has that lacy look but right in the middle of the flow a part will go straight, i've tried several times and it still does it do a any of you have this problem

10 replies
Sarsi Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:47am
post #2 of 11

Umm..I have no idea, but here's giving you a bump...

And I'll give you a "TIP" too...LOL... in the title say "Question about tip #136" I bet you'll get a response soon!! icon_smile.gif HTH

madgeowens Posted 23 May 2009 , 3:55am
post #3 of 11

I think sometimes they need a bit of adjusting....opened a bit more, could that be it?

TexasSugar Posted 23 May 2009 , 4:12am
post #4 of 11

I'm not quite sure what you are asking, but here is the tip, in cause someone else may be able to answer.

SugarFrosted Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:15am
post #5 of 11

I can't quite picture what you mean..."it has that lacy look but right in the middle of the flow a part will go straight"... Are you using it to make a border?

I always thought this was a drop flower sort of tip...it looks like the sun to me. That's how I have used it. Maybe I am missing something somewhere.

madgeowens Posted 23 May 2009 , 6:57am
post #6 of 11

It looks to me like one I would use to do shell border.....I don't think I must know which tip you are using for something to be in the center. But this will bump it for you

ninatat Posted 23 May 2009 , 4:03pm
post #7 of 11

oh ok i'm using it wrong i tried it as a border, try it lol it's really pretty except when it messes up. maybe i'm hitting the practice board. Thanks for the info

SugarFrosted Posted 23 May 2009 , 6:02pm
post #8 of 11

No one said you can't use it for a border. Tips are capable of doing whatever you can make them do. Looking at the tip, I think if I used masking tape to cover 1/3-1/2 of the holes on one side, it might be easier to make a border with it. Tips are tools. What we do with them is up to us. Just because no one else has ever made a border with that tip doesn't mean you can't be creative and figure out a way to make one! thumbs_up.gif

I once saw a cake decorating contest during a TV show about the OSSAS. Decorators were given ONE tip and told to use it in as many ways possible to decorate a cake in a limited time. It was a #88, which is a combo of a rose tip with an open star at one end. Bronwen Webber won because, using masking tape, she alternately blocked off portions of the tip... to create roses, a shell border, writing, etc. It was a awesome example of creativity and ingenuity.

ninatat Posted 23 May 2009 , 9:02pm
post #9 of 11

Oh ok, i'll try it it makes such a pretty lacy effect, i'm practicing my rose more, eventually i'll get it.
thank you

Doug Posted 23 May 2009 , 9:11pm
post #10 of 11

tip in question was originally intended to make little borders on cake that would just fit around a birthday cake candle -- note the blank area -- and then the ring?

make the border, stick in the candle and on with the bonfire (well at least in my case!)

madgeowens Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:12am
post #11 of 11

Oh then its not the tip I thought she meant.........oh well thats very cool...do they still make them ?

Quote by @%username% on %date%