Anybody Used Sugarveil???

Decorating By cakewalkky Updated 3 Jul 2009 , 1:55am by ericaplh

cakewalkky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewalkky Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:17pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone tried sugarveil? How do you use it? what makes it different ? Any drawbacks? thanks icon_smile.gif

6 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:43am
post #2 of 7

Check the search section in the archives. There are a bunch of threads about it.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Tashablueyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tashablueyes Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:48am
post #3 of 7

I tried it once and it is just a really odd thing to work with. It pipes out nicely if you use a tiny tip... but when I tried to make their striped "fabric" by spreading a layer, combing the texture in with the comb, and then brushing on some colored Sugarveil, it just basically dissolved the first layer. Very very delicate stuff. It was like dissolving foam. Also, if you refrigerate it gets super fluffy.
Good luck, I plan to mess with it again when I get the time.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 May 2009 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 7

The product itself is OK, kind of a novelty. The Kit . . .meh . . .sorry I wasted money on that.

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:51pm
post #5 of 7

I have tried it a few times and it worked out great on the baby shower cake I did for my sister. It is in my photos where there is a baby sitting on a stork. The baby blanket is sugarveil. It took all night to set though before I could lift it. The other two times I tried it it was a waste of time because it wouldn't work.

cakewalkky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewalkky Posted 30 Jun 2009 , 1:33am
post #6 of 7

It doesn't sound worth the effort. Thanks everyone.

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 3 Jul 2009 , 1:55am
post #7 of 7

I used it in my Spiderman bounce house cake...all of the webs are sugarveil... it was really easy to use and dried within 12 hours...there are ways to speed up the drying process, but I wasn't in a rush... It was very easy to drape and the taste was quite good...like chewy marshmallows...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%