My New Website- Take A Look And Tell Me What You Think

Decorating By sweetsuccess Updated 23 May 2009 , 1:49pm by giraffe11

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 22 May 2009 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 23

Hi Everyone:

I just finished my new website Sugar Designs NYC. - http://www.SugarDesignsnyc.com

When you get a chance, please take a look and tell me what you think. I just uploaded it this afternoon and I'm excited about tweaking anything that needs tweaking. I'm not designing cakes but sugar flowers etc.

Thx

Dina

22 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:02pm
post #2 of 23

I think it looks very nice!! You're very talented!! It's a good layout and easy to figure out!

Mizuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mizuki Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 23

Beautiful!! I love the layout and the slide show. It looks very elegant. icon_biggrin.gif
Personally, I'm not a big fan on music on websites, but that's just me. If you like it that's what matters!! thumbs_up.gif

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:08pm
post #4 of 23

It's beautiful!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 23

OMG !! Your flowers are absolutely beautiful. I can't imagine the time you put into them!!!

Your website is very nice. I was having some problems at first with the first page that has the pictures rotating of different flowers. I had to go up and click on the home button again and move my pointer off the page. Now, believe me.. it could just be me since I am known to be computer challenged!!!!

Love the design of the site !!

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:17pm
post #6 of 23

I think the site is great, and I personally love the music. Even more though, I loooovvvvvee your flowers, they are GORGEOUS.

COME TEACH IN VEGAS PLEEEAAASEE

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:18pm
post #7 of 23

Beautiful layout and I love the music. I think the slide show needs to be slowed some. Your work is so good!!! I wanted to check the details out and just didn't have timeicon_sad.gif All things considering though... great job!!!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:19pm
post #8 of 23

I wish the pictures did not change as fast. Love the site and the flowers, well where do you begin on them! Wow. best wishes.

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:20pm
post #9 of 23

What a lovely site! Your work is amazing and the photography really shows them off well. I like the way the pictures slide across without opening a new window everytime you change subjects.

MayWest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MayWest Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:23pm
post #10 of 23

Your website in great, but your flowers are WWWWOOOOWWWW icon_eek.gif . You have great talent!!

KatesCakesBC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatesCakesBC Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:27pm
post #11 of 23

You are very talented! And the website is lovely. Very clean looking and elegant. I agree though -- I don't like music on websites! To each their own icon_smile.gif

Lineah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lineah Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:33pm
post #12 of 23

Amazing work, both on the website and flowers. If you are ever in the Texas area, please contact me so that you can come teach a class to our cake club!

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:35pm
post #13 of 23

Those flowers are unbelievable! I wish I lived close enough to take a class. I agree with other posters....slow down the slide show, and get rid of the music.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:41pm
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMom

Those flowers are unbelievable! I wish I lived close enough to take a class. I agree with other posters....slow down the slide show, and get rid of the music.

Yup, me too. I find the music annoying because it just a tinny noise coming out of the headphones that my daughter always keeps plugged in!

Your flowers are absolutely amazing, and it's a really nice website. Great job thumbs_up.gif

Jocmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jocmom Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:43pm
post #15 of 23

Wow ! ! ! Those are breathtaking.

Only one problem with your site - I really looked but couldn't figure out where you are located. Did I miss it?

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:55pm
post #16 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonald

OMG !! Your flowers are absolutely beautiful. I can't imagine the time you put into them!!!

Your website is very nice. I was having some problems at first with the first page that has the pictures rotating of different flowers. I had to go up and click on the home button again and move my pointer off the page. Now, believe me.. it could just be me since I am known to be computer challenged!!!!

Love the design of the site !!

This exact same thing happened to me. Other than that...very professional, lovely pictures & work, great plug-in for the slideshow. Will be even more wonderful when you get more of your work in there. Congrats.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 22 May 2009 , 9:58pm
post #17 of 23

The site is so nice. Very Elegant and classy. The one thing I would like to see is prices. I am not one that likes to email for a price. I like it to be right there in my face. That way I can pick and choose what I can afford. I love your flowers and I don't made my own but I do buy them so that would be a huge plus for me. Or have an area to download a pdf price sheet.

jmr531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr531 Posted 22 May 2009 , 10:08pm
post #18 of 23

I love your site. Your flowers are absolutely amazing.

kate6207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kate6207 Posted 23 May 2009 , 8:04am
post #19 of 23

First off, your flowers are gorgeous! Your site is very classy and professional-looking. I may be uber picky, but if a business doesn't have a quality, professional-looking site I usually don't give them a second glance.

I do agree that it would be good to have information about prices on the site somewhere.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 23 May 2009 , 8:51am
post #20 of 23

Classy. Reminds me of a garden on a New York roof top.

deliciously_decadent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deliciously_decadent Posted 23 May 2009 , 9:11am
post #21 of 23

looks great! the only thing i might possibly mention is that initialy when the pictures come up they flash in and out so quickly that you can't actually make them out, is there any way of gettign them to stay up longer like they do after the first round? or is this because they are loading? apart from that it is very beautiful! congratulations icon_smile.gif

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 23 May 2009 , 1:36pm
post #22 of 23

Thank you everyone for your comments. My daughter actually did the work putting the actual website together. I will see what we can do with the slideshow. There is an off-button for the music for those who care not to listen.

I like the idea of a pdf price list that can be downloaded. I'll work on that asap. I agree that most people would like to have a ballpark idea of prices upfront.

I sincerely appreciate you all taking the time to really give me some great comments! Also, I am very flattered that you guys like my flowers so much. I may take my Texas CC friends up on the offer if I am ever traveling there.

I feel that I am going in the right direction now. Thanks a whole bunch!
Have a great holiday weekend!

Dina

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 23 May 2009 , 1:49pm
post #23 of 23

I like the site and your work is amazing. No really, it's amazing!!!! icon_eek.gif
I can't comment on the music, cause I keep my computer on mute just for such occasions as that..... icon_lol.gif
Congratulations and good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%