Need Inspiration - Candy Bling

Decorating By underthesun Updated 23 May 2009 , 1:22am by underthesun

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 22 May 2009 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 4

I'm a visual person - looking for ideas for Sweet Sixteen Cake. Her theme is "candy bling". Haven't actually seen the invitation yet, but they tell me it is pink with a pink daisy and silver shiny center. Thus the colors pink and silver. Purchasing all sorts of "bling" to decorate and give away to the girls. The party planner is thinking "pink cadillac". I'm hoping to go in a different direction. Need to take ideas to a meeting tomorrow.

I'm searching the gallery and have taken a moment to write this up. Any ideas or cakes you have seen? Looking to do a 2 or 3 tier cake. Still getting details.

Thanks for any ideas!!

3 replies
cathie_shinnick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathie_shinnick Posted 22 May 2009 , 10:16pm
post #2 of 4

If you decide to go with the pink daisy. the centers could be Large silver dragees. Or if the pink Cadillac theme sticks, the bottom tier could be the back of the pink cadillac, fins and all. Havent tought of the rest of the cake though. Good luck.

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 22 May 2009 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 4
underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 23 May 2009 , 1:22am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the ideas. I have thought about the silver dragees. Didn't know they made large ones. I'm getting on the internet to look right now.

I love pinkcakebox. But the thought of doing a topsy turvy almost stresses me as much as what I really want to do and that's a purse with "16 year old bling" spilling out.

I need think on it.

Thanks again for the ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%