Interview, I Have No Clue!?!

Business By BlondiezBakery Updated 29 May 2009 , 3:41am by BlondiezBakery

BlondiezBakery Posted 22 May 2009 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 4

I work full time in sales, and have just done baking/decorating as a nightly hobby. There is a new bakery/cafe that is looking for a decorator, and I have an interview today at 4:00pm!!!

I don't know if the job would even work out for me with my schedule, but I am at least going to go to the interview to see what happens.

They told me to bring my resume (which is all business stuff, of course). I am also going to print out some of my pics and bring my sketch book, but what else?

Also..what in the world should I wear!?! I am so used to very professional interviews, but I don't want to over do it, you know?

Also, I don't know what to expect for interview questions either...I guess we will see what happens.

3 replies
melvin01 Posted 22 May 2009 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 4

Hey fellow Texan!

Good luck with the interview. I think what you are bringing with you is fine, mainly they probably want to see your portfolio of work. I wouldn't over-dress. It's a bakery, not a law office. If you are comfortable in a skirt or dress pants, then go in what you are most confident in. First impressions do matter so as long as you are tidy, you should be fine even if it's slacks.

The main thing is if you can work when they need someone. Just go and be relaxed. If it is a small bakery and your schedule doesn't mesh, they may be open to contracting certain jobs out to you to do at home.

An interview is great just to get your name out there, so even if things don't work out, maybe you could have them contact you for large orders they get in the future.

Good luck!

littlecake Posted 23 May 2009 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 4

well..............what happened????????????

BlondiezBakery Posted 29 May 2009 , 3:41am
post #4 of 4

So sorry, I forgot to send the update. The interview went really great. I was so flattered for even being called in, because they said it was between 3 of us. They called me back in for a follow-up interview.

However, decided to not go back in (after I called them). The position was only for a part time spot that would conflict with my full time job, or take all of my free night times. I really wanted it, but it wouldn't work with my schedule...icon_sad.gif

It certainly gave me the confidence that I was looking for, though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%