Baking Mini Cheesecakes

Decorating By just_for_fun Updated 25 May 2009 , 4:16pm by just_for_fun

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 22 May 2009 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 5

I want to bake a cheesecake in tiny pans, they hold about 1 ounce. The instructions on the recipe I am using is for a 8x3" round pan. You bake it at 350 for 1 hour 15 min. How long and at what temp should I bake it in the mini pans? TIA

4 replies
cupcakelady64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakelady64 Posted 22 May 2009 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 5

I have a pan that holds mini cheesecakes, and the pan has "push-up" bottoms. I'm not sure exactly how much they hold, but I can tell you that I bake them until the edges are golden. They "puff" up and then will "fall" back down. That's when they are done. AND, let them sit in the pan for a little while, so they firm up and slide out easier. I went through several "messy" batches before I finally got the hang of it. But they are precious and everyone seems to love them! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 22 May 2009 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 5

I would drop it to 325 and start checking around 20 minutes (or 15 if they are very small). It's really impossible for me to give you a definitive answer, since I don't know how your oven runs, etc. Even when baking the full size cheesecake the time in the recipe should only be a guide. Cheescake should be mostly set, but slightly jiggly in the center. If the cheesecakes are fully set when you take them out of the oven, they're overdone.

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 22 May 2009 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 5

I just did some mini cheesecakes for the cupcake bouquet I did last week...I basically just filled the cup up turned the heat to about 325 and watched closely. When I saw they were getting golden I used a toothpick to see they were done.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 25 May 2009 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the help. Will be trying them this week.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%