Wasc

Decorating By Kiki74 Updated 26 May 2009 , 1:18am by Jan14grands

Kiki74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiki74 Posted 22 May 2009 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 9

I'm not sure if this a disaster but it didn't turn out quite right. I just had surgery so I had to send my husband to the store for ingredients. Of course I didn't really look at the box closely and it had pudding in the mix. icon_redface.gif OOps! I mixed all the ingredients for the cake and baked it. I never thought a cake could be too moist but this one sure was. I'm waiting to see what my family thinks of it. I sent it to my sister in NC. icon_lol.gif

8 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 May 2009 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 9

I know other members don't use DH when they make WASC cake and they like the results. But like you, I prefer to use DH.

HTH

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 22 May 2009 , 8:05pm
post #3 of 9

I noticed there are a couple of WASC recipes on this site, which is the best one to use? I would like to try it this weekend for a cake due on Tuesday.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 22 May 2009 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 9

Both Rebecca Sutterby's and kakeladi's "original" recipes are great. icon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi's recipe doesn't use oil, which is the only difference in ingredients used. (Both versions can be made using any flavor cake mix and extracts, and whole eggs.)

The following link has both recipes and popular CC recipes for American buttercreams and fondant... And so much more.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

HTH

Kiki74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiki74 Posted 23 May 2009 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 9

My sister texted me yesterday and everyone loved the cake! I guess it wasn't too moist after all icon_smile.gif Just thought I'd let you know how it turned out!

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:04pm
post #6 of 9

I want to try kakeladi's WASC, in the recipes section but I did not see how much butter to add. Could someone tell me?

Thanks,
Naty

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 23 May 2009 , 2:39pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naty

I want to try kakeladi's WASC, in the recipes section but I did not see how much butter to add. Could someone tell me?

Thanks,
Naty

There is no oil or butter. The sour cream adds fat though.

I prefer the Rebecca's, but w/ 3 eggs opposed to 4 yolks. I think it needs oil,personally.

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 24 May 2009 , 12:48pm
post #8 of 9

Thank you for clarifying it for me.

naty

Jan14grands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jan14grands Posted 26 May 2009 , 1:18am
post #9 of 9

I have trouble with WASC when I baked it last week. I can't figure out what I did wrong, but it rose really nice, then when I took it out of the oven, on the counter it fell, sort of. I took them out of the pans later, and when I cut into one layer, it was really weird. The bottom was sort of uncooked or something. I used the baking strips also. I guess I'll just have to try it again. Thanks for all the great information on this site fellow CC'ers

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%